To Unichip Or Not

Madwhip

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 21d

Blueboost had good success originally with the Exede piggy (low 12sec 1/4) and then added the Edit when it first came out for small things like idle while still using the Exede for a while to live tune.

I think he had an AFR meter from Innovate (spelling?) too for live tuning, mind you this man was born to do this sh!t :crybaby:

I had the TSI piggy from Redcliffe dyno and performance which worked well and is upgradable to use shift lights, nitrous, water spray, etc.

I picked up a second hand one of these for $350 complete from a member here so they can be bought cheap but buying new they are still expensive.

Results from this piggy with other mods on the dyno I have seen from RDP's owner Steve with his everyday car at the time had over 300rwkw and with nitrous at one of his first dyno days we saw like 520 or 540rwhp so 400rwkw! that was massive power back then.

If home tuning seriously interests you go the piggy way, but as they say you play you pay.

Good luck

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• loitering with intent
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 8m 6d

The only way that will happen is if you contact APS directly in Melbourne or their official and exclusive agent, Autotech ( site advertiser)

here in Sydney. Suprised with all the history with these cars you are pursuing this avenue :blink: Everyone moved on 3 years ago.

You can get a tune to suit your car via mail. Cars have been sucessfully tuned by this method up to 500rwkw. You just need to run it up on a dyno to check AFRs etc

BTW the APS edit will be available in 2 weeks :surrender:

• Still have a turbo, it's just on a diesel.
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 9m 18d

:stupid::+1:

Piggy backs where used only because the ECU's code had not been cracked, after that they became redundant.

• Faster than any BTA,XTC,Autotech, Nizpro and Tunehouse car
  • Member For: 20y 10m 3d

Mate do yourself a favour and go the unichip I did and its the best door stop money can buy

CYA JEFF :stirthepot: