Unlocking Stock Ecu?

ViKiRs

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 11m 15d

See that came up recently with a couple of mates who went from ECUTEK to Verso..

Their Perth tuner (subaru and evo workshop) locked the ECU (ECUTEK) and as a result they had issues when they went to Verso

The tuner shouldnt be in a position to lock the ECU. Your paying for a service. If he or she has nothing to hide then why would they need too

Edited by Mat

• Member For: 18y 3m 19d
what is the cost if your tuner locks the ecu and you change to another tuner?

Unfortunately, if they lock it you will be stuck. I have heard of customer having to buy a new ECU.

I suggest you ask your tuner, if he locks it? and see if your are ok with that.

Some workshops think there tuning is their intellectually property.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 11m 15d
OK, now I'm interested - is he willing to make up a Blingmeter for me? Maybe a group of them? :biggrin:

Bit of an update...

After cricket last week we had a bit of a play around with a few things and found out that some of the blingin Jap data loggers DO work with the ford ecu, just not well... They didnt work with his GOLF and another car he tried.

The main one we had a play with displayed everything from RPM to various temps etc. However, the readouts were all over the place. One feature is speed and it kept going to 309kms and then back to 0 while the car was at idle. All sorts of weird stuff. Boost worked though. It was a nice looking unit with nice blue / black screen that matched the interior. We'll try and get it sorted but who knows. The unit was set up for Subi's and Mitsi's.

On a positive note, our team is decimating all (subtle F&F line in there!). Last 3 seasons fighting it out for wooden spoon and this year we are flogging em. If we can do it, im sure Pav and the Freo boys can too :omg:

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 9m 24d

Sodo these HP Tune / VCM Suite ( which if I read it correctly is the same thing) and they work with the ford F6 & XR6T ECU's?

:funnydance: