Unlocking Stock Ecu?

ViKiRs

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 11m 16d

What your thinking of is something like ECUTEK or the much better VERSO on cars like WRX's and Evo's. Its basically software that allows you to retune the factory ecu without the need for an edit or anything. Launch control, antilag etc its all there apparently. Very cool stuff and A.S.G (WA guys will know this as one of the best workshops in Perth) do Verso and the results have been great from the looks of things

I asked one of the 2 creaters of Verso (Play indoor cricket with him) if it could be done and he thinks its possible BUT would require a bucketload of effort. He's not willing to even go there lol

http://www.versoautomotive.com

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Donating Members

He actually thinks there is a lot of potential inour ecu's (look at launch control in the FG's) but it started out as a hobby for him as he had a WRX and it took off so they dealt with a workshop. Now he has a TDI golf or something and time is not his friend.

I do occasionally keep asking... "just use edit"

BUT most importantly he can build what he calls a blingmeter. LCD display that shows everything your ecu reads (ie boost, oil temps etc). Guess its nothing new (ie GTR's) but its sick!

Who knows what the future holds for the might XR! Give it a few years and I think there will be far more dedicated XR6 / f6 workshops, tuners and gear available.

Edited by Mat

• 2 weeks later...
  • Donating Members

Well I forgot last week but remembered to this week...

He explained how the Subaru's and EVO's ecu's (well some of them anyway) work and explained in brief laymens terms how its done BUT he wont even look at the ford one.

However he has a data logging gizmo he never used on his car as he sold it and bought a TDI Golf. He's bringing it along next week so we'll see how it goes!

Also 115 runs of 6 overs aint bad either :)

• Member For: 18y 3m 20d
Same thing, edit/capa flash overwrites the stock tune (using the same ECU). There is also Sniper getting around now which does the same thing but without the need to buy a "flash box" or whatever you want to call it.

Regardless of what it is though, I'd bet my left nut it wasn't "released from Ford".

If you use HP Tune, you can save your std tune as a bin file, on your pc, and then create a modify tune and load (flash) the ECU.

Note: the ECU has flash memory just like your USB flash drive. So you are reflashing the internal memory of the ECU with the tune (program).

• Donating Members

So HP Tune is basically tuning the standard ecu? Same way as ECUTEK works on Subi's? No need to spend $500 on an edit box and then another $500+ on a tune?