Insurance....merged Topic....

Mondie

Insurance companies...  

825 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Member For: 18y 3m 11d

Im 22 and pay $1100 with Just Cars with a rating 1. I have a terrible record, 2 fines over 15km/h one over 45km/h, driving without undue car and attention, 32 defect notices, that's for a 03T with my 20yo girlfriend on the policy as well with agreed value of $29000 I have also had 2 write-offs in the last 3 years. live on the Gold Coast. $1600 excess thou and an extra $1000 on top of that if it is stolen. Go figure if you crash the car and is your fault you pay less than if someone else takes the thing and has nothing to do with you.

I have my 6 month old $200,000 truck insured with suncorp with 5million public liabilty insurance and I pay almost $8000 a year but they wouldn't touch the T as I am under 25. what tha.

My mate has a 02 model supercharged M5 with tubi exhust, stoptek brakes, some rims from the states(don't know what the are called) full bilstien suspention. it runs 10's and has done over 300km/h and he only pays $1000 and is 23 where as my mate with his 98 model rex pays like $2500.

I can't work out how they can justify there premiums

Edited by yw84u

• Just because it is, doesn't mean it should be.....
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 19y 7m 11d

My turn today to do the insurance negotiation dance.

having read through the previous posts, its easiar to compare results if you include odometer reading and final agreed value as well as age etc.

I have been with NRMA for some time, but since a lot of dudes on here are ecstatic with AAMI thought I would give them a call.

:wtf: with AAMI they wanted an additonal $50 odd per year with 6K less agreed value than NRMA.

some more points to consider!

odometer reading influences the premium value. (its taken into account if you are not reaching 20,000 km per year - that was for NRMA)

negotiate the agreed value even at renewal time, I have every year and each time its been increased.

although optioning up on your T is from factory they should be noted as extras on your policy, this in turn affects your agreed value. (modifications and accessories:- tinted Windows, body modifications, boot liner, non standar wheels, sun roof power, music system non standard, spare alloy etc etc)

My Phantom

04 manual

45,800 on the clock

No finance on vehicle

I am a smidge over 25 :spit:

Maximum no claim bonus for life

excellent driving record :spoton:

Agreed Value - $35210

Premium - $739.20 (includes hire car cover charge of $57.75 over and above standard hire car cover if vehicle is stolen)

Excess - $450.00

Private use

shazzy :spoton:

ps other ways to reduce premium

being a multi policy holder, eg car house etc

years of insurance discount

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 10m

My mate has a 02 model supercharged M5 with tubi exhust, stoptek brakes, some rims from the states(don't know what the are called) full bilstien suspention. it runs 10's and has done over 300km/h and he only pays $1000 and is 23 where as my mate with his 98 model rex pays like $2500.

I can't work out how they can justify there premiums

whats the sum insured on that puppy!?? 150K??

that's madness, 1k :gooff:

• Member For: 18y 3m 11d

Last time I was talking to him he had an agreed value of like $170,000.

My mate is an insurance salesman for suncorp metway and he had to do insurance for a 17 y/o who's dad had just bought him a Ferrari F360 Modena. there was only 1 insurance company in the world that would insure him with was Loyds of London at a whopping $8500 dollars a year. :spoton:

He doesn't even get a discount and he works for them.

• Member For: 19y 6m 6d

well I thought nrma where cheap but just got a qoute of aami for xr6t $600 a year with $500 excess, that's pretty good, that's on northside of brisbane