Insurance....merged Topic....

Mondie

Insurance companies...  

825 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 5m 6d
Remember the repair works are gauranteed for life, so if you have any issue with the repair you can take it back - not that that's what you want to need to do.
Guaranteed for the life of the repair?! :spoton::pooh:

• Member For: 19y 1m 23d
Remember the repair works are gauranteed for life, so if you have any issue with the repair you can take it back - not that that's what you want to need to do.
Guaranteed for the life of the repair?! :spoton::bum:

It's suppose to be for the life of the car, however I expect that guarantee expires the second you sell the car.

Who's the repairer they've sent your car to? maybe someone on here has used them before???

• Member For: 17y 7m 6d

I work in Insurance, specifically in Claims Compliance (not for AAMI). Generally speaking, the Insurance Code of Practice states that the insurer has the authority to select a repairer.

However if they do, the insurer must:

- accept responsibility for the quality of workmanship AND

- handle any complaint about the quality or timeliness of the work.

I read the code, and there is nothing that states you have the governing authority to select the repairer. This is usually determined by the insurer you're with.

If you're really worried, make an official complaint to AAMI. They must respond within 15 days. Ask for them to pay out the quoted cost of repairs and that you'll organise the repairs yourself. Apart from their authorised repairers losing out, I can't see why AAMI wouldn't do this.... Keep in mind though, if you do this, you will lose your lifetime guarantee.

Good luck.

Edited by antigravity

• Member For: 17y 7m 20d

From experience (and a close relative who worked there) I found that the assesors in the AAMI repair centres go for the cheapest job and have a care factor of '0'. This is because (like Expensive Daewoo and Ford) they have realised that the vast majority of motorists will accept whatever is given to them because they either just treat their car like a tool or don't know any better.

From this I know to never let the repair centre choose repairers, but to do so you either have to keep the car and get quotes yourself or tell them the moment the car arrives that you want it to go to your preferred repairer.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 19y 1m 17d

Quick question,

Did you tell AAMI about your mods & did they care? Im doing some work on the T now, and am also insured with AAMI. Will they still insure me, or should I start ringing aroung for new insurance?

Thanks,

Zaf

• Member For: 18y 7d

I happened to be getting a Quote from a large Panel Beater one day ( private job) & he was up in arms about AAMI supplying a second hand guard for a late model FORD GT. He stated that he rang AAMI & told them to come & pick up the car as he would not fit 2nd hand parts on late models & ruin his reputation.

• Member For: 18y 10m 4d

when I pranged my car, it was insured by Just Cars, obviously AAMI has total control over everything once the car was crashed, so they handled my claim.

I got a quote from my prefered repair shop and it was close to 12k... as they anticipated under body damage, suspension and exhaust work.. AAMIs repair shop quoted $6500 .. and obviously didn't take into account the other problems. Guess who got the job? the el cheapo.. and guess what the total repair cost was? I'm not 100% sure... somewhere skyward of 15k..

Now I'm not even happy with the repairs.. I can see weird criss cross marks on my bonnet and boot underneath the paint, plus overlapping paint.. oh well, such is life. It's been back in my hands 6 months, after they had the car for nearly 3 months.. so I couldn't be f*cked taking it back. It's not overly noticeable, but I see it.

I can't comment about AAMI,

But from previous experience I rate CGU as being top notch :spoton: although they are owned by IAG (NRMA) there policies are underwritten by themselves independantly.

From what I can gather, although they are still a recognized household name, CGU appear to be more orientated and focused on rapport building in an attempt to capture and maintain a loyal customer base.

When the Ute was havig repairs done a little while ago, the assessor, didn't go out to the repairer once to sign off on the initial quote, but returned '3' times within 2 weeks to inspect repairs as they were being done, much to my suprise when he called after everytime he conducted a surprise inspection.

The repair shop wasn't phased, I went ot pick up the ute and mentioned the assessor, all they could say was 'he lives in the trees' or referred to him as the Ninja :spoton:

D.