Insurance....merged Topic....

Mondie

Insurance companies...  

825 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Member For: 21y 3m 27d

Mine is the figure I paid. I went through Ford Insure because it was that much cheaper than the next mob. Can't remember the nearest quote but it was a hell of a lot more expensive.

• Member For: 21y 3m 24d

My quote from AAMI was over the phone. Mine was for $632 in Brisbane. But only drivers over 30 allowed to drive the vehicle (which suits me just fine)..

And my quote lists the car as quote "2002 FORD FALCON XR6T BA F/INJ SEDAN 6 CYL MAN TUR". They seem to have the best policy with things like 1st year replacement, rating one etc + only a $350 excess. Others wanted $400 excess and then another $450 sports car excess.

I can't complain as WRX insurance was going to cost $1250 a year. Lets hope this car doesn't get into that price range..

• I see red
  • Member For: 21y 3m 12d

37yo 60% NCB in Canberra

NRMA $898.90

FordInsure $899

I might go to AAMI and see what they quote but I have heard mixed stories about them when you try and make a claim so I am a little hesitant. :huh:

• Firm Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 4m 27d

l think AAMI are very restrictive when it comes to choice of repairer, If you are in one of the capitals you dont get much choice on where you get your car fixed. If you are in the country where they dont have their own repairers then they are more flexible and you have more chance of getting a choice.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 3m 3d

I was wondering what insurance premiums everyone is paying for their XR6 T out there, I'm expecting delivery of mine in March as are few members from what I've read.

Can you guys or gals possibly let me know with who your insured with and for how much, your age would help, if you dont mind.

• 00-XRG / 006-FPV
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 3m 23d

I got a quote from Suncorp Metway for $1650 on rating 2, but when I went to insure the car they told me they'd changed their system and would no longer insure me.

So I got stuck with Just Car Insurance and on a rating 3 for $1970.

I'm from brisbane and 20 years old.

Spoke to suncorp metway again the other day, after drama's with Just Car, they decided they would insure me now but for $2200.

• Member For: 21y 3m 21d

I've sort of dredged this one back from the depths.

The reason being I just went to the AAMI site to get a current quote for a Turbo XR6, and guess what. After filling in all the details, it was refused and sent to another company on the grounds of modifications. What, leather, CD, sunroof and towbar?

In the first week of December I was able to get a quote on the same vehicle. Now??

• TRAITOR
  • Member For: 21y 5m 9d

Phone quote with RACQ, $1508.

That's rating 4, 21 yrs old.

Online quote NRMA $1600.

And people have been telling me Townsville is bad for insurance? Well it's half the price of my home town which is far from being a hot spot for car thieves. :unsure:

Difference being State. QLD vs NSW.

State of Origin of the insurance world.

And the Maroons win!! :lol:

• I see red
  • Member For: 21y 3m 12d

I just entered my details on AAMI website and got a price of $719 with $450 excess. I put the value at $51,000 (18s, P/sound, towbar , dealer delivery, stamp duty etc) and AAMI say Amount Covered $44,885!? That is f*cked. If I write my car off or it's stolen I have to pay an extra $6687.30 to replace it. I don't think so Tim. :unsure: