Insurance....merged Topic....

Mondie

Insurance companies...  

825 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 1m 19d

I struck a strange thing with Gio recently. They quoted me and told me that because I had received a speed camera fine for <15 kmh over the limit in the last 3 years, a $400 dollar excess applies if I have an at fault claim. This is the only company I have ever heard of having that kind of excess.

Has anyone else had any similar issues with insurance?

• Member For: 21y 3m 12d

It can be difficult weighing up the pros and cons between companies policies. I eventually went with Sun Corp - $739, rating 1, 60% NCB for life. 41 years old regional NSW.

They were $100 less than AAMI. Market value but new for old replacement in event of total loss up to the end of the second year. Then I'll go agreed value.

But best of all, monthly repayments, where AAMI in NSW don't have this facility.

• The Best Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 2m 9d
I'm 22 in adelaide and I got it for $700 they put me on as a rating three. 400 excess I think.

What company is that with? I got $1780 with Just Car Insurance, rating 3, live in Adelaide, 2 speeding fines in last 5 years, no at fault accidents.

Guest rpmjunky
  • Guests

I got mine for $700, and I'm 23. but alot of the other people are having to pay alot more, oh yeah I live in adelaide to which helps.