Insurance....merged Topic....

Mondie

Insurance companies...  

825 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Member For: 15y 3m 4d

Guys, need some help with insurance.

Insurance renewal was due recently, and I decided not to pay it because AAMI wanted to charge me just over 2k with an agreed value of 15k. Mods listed on the policy are cooler, CAI, wheels, brembos, lowered suspension and factory options (sat nav, leather and premium sound).

Tried to talk to AAMI and they told me they couldn't do a better price, and told me to try elsewhere, so I did. I called up Lumley Special Vehicles, gave them the same details, told them it's garaged every night and gets driven 1-2 times per week. Their quote was a whopping 2.2k with an agreed value of 18k.

FYI, just some details about me, I'm 28, have a clean driving record, last speeding fine was over 5 years ago, I do not live in a dodgy area and have never made a claim. Any idea what would be driving up the cost of my insurance? 2.2k is an absolute joke.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 10m 30d

I went from AAMI to RAC. Excess from $1400 down to $650 and save $20 per month.

Only downside is once you do engine mods I.e. tune. They will reject it if you're under 30. The guy I spoke to said I can go 300kw (engine) which a tune only would push me over that lol still rekon I could argue it out if I spoke to a manager but :P

So will need to re address the issue whenever I finally get my tune. That was the only good thing about ammi....they said unlimited legal mods except for new turbo/supercharger, aftermarket paint job, methanol fuel or one other voiding factor that I forgot.

• To Loud
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 4m 25d

SGIO, shanons and just car insurance gave me quotes. AAMI were doing the same thing to me with their $1200 access even though I had no claims.

I went with RAC because they stuffed up with their quote and it was cheaper than Shannon's by $80.

Shop around as it pays off.

• Too heavy needs boost
  • Member For: 10y 8m 19d

Guys, need some help with insurance.

Insurance renewal was due recently, and I decided not to pay it because AAMI wanted to charge me just over 2k with an agreed value of 15k. Mods listed on the policy are cooler, CAI, wheels, brembos, lowered suspension and factory options (sat nav, leather and premium sound).

Tried to talk to AAMI and they told me they couldn't do a better price, and told me to try elsewhere, so I did. I called up Lumley Special Vehicles, gave them the same details, told them it's garaged every night and gets driven 1-2 times per week. Their quote was a whopping 2.2k with an agreed value of 18k.

FYI, just some details about me, I'm 28, have a clean driving record, last speeding fine was over 5 years ago, I do not live in a dodgy area and have never made a claim. Any idea what would be driving up the cost of my insurance? 2.2k is an absolute joke.

use shannons. I pay 1400ish and 500 excess. Agreed for 27k with all mods down. Two accidents one speeding fine one reckless driving and one dui. Edited by Bizkets is fat?

• Too heavy needs boost
  • Member For: 10y 8m 19d

Na man farking awsome bizkets will do. Lol

Just keep shopping I got shannons upto 27k and dropped more off my yearly. About 5 phone calls back and forth and saved more again

Edited by Bizkets is fat?
  • Like 1