Insurance....merged Topic....

Mondie

Insurance companies...  

825 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• loitering with intent
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 30d

$600 std excess here. agreed value is the debatable point. BF phoon agreed value has been increased

at no charge due to custom leather , sunroof, 19s , zorst lowish ks, garaged etc etc. don't ask you don't get..

all mods listed on policy

• 2 weeks later...
  • All stock bar the k&n panel filter
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 1m 5d

Well I just had a nice surprise. I just purchased a brand new GT and my initial insurance was around the $1,100 mark through SGIO, which based off my XR6T insurance costs seemed reasonable-ish. However I ended up moving house 3 days after getting the new car and so did an online quote to see what it would cost at my new house...quote came back under $700. So I called SGIO to update my address on all my policies and questioned the guy on this and he checked and confirmed it was all legit but wasn't based on location as if that were the case it would have dropped my other policies by similar. So he cancelled my original policy and started a new one for me at the reduced price. So these are the details:

2014 FPV GT

Agreed value $81,000

Premium <$700 (can't remember the exact figure and don't have the paperwork handy)

Excess $800

26 yr old

WA - average area

• 2 weeks later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 9m 23d

Talking about insurance , I received my renewal policy and noted that the ageed value on the RSpec was downgraded by $25,000.(from $85,000 to $60,000). I nearly blew a gasket ....When I cooled down and composed myself, I called and was then transferred to an underwriter supervisor whom returned my call and stated that they would agree to re-instate the agreed value at $70,000. I still felt that it was short , but I agreed and thought I would do some homework and see if I get it re- instated closer to $80,000.

What 've other F6, GS and GT found with their insurer?

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 11m 24d

Usually with Agreed Value they will only go +30% of their market value. They then lock this in for the term of your policy (12 months). Best of luck squeezing them for more!

• Like 1

• All stock bar the k&n panel filter
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 1m 5d

Talking about insurance , I received my renewal policy and noted that the ageed value on the RSpec was downgraded by $25,000.(from $85,000 to $60,000). I nearly blew a gasket ....When I cooled down and composed myself, I called and was then transferred to an underwriter supervisor whom returned my call and stated that they would agree to re-instate the agreed value at $70,000. I still felt that it was short , but I agreed and thought I would do some homework and see if I get it re- instated closer to $80,000.

What 've other F6, GS and GT found with their insurer?

I'm insured with SGIO with my 2014 GT and it's insured for an agreed value of around $81,000. Think the market value was around the $64,000 mark or something? No questions asked. Premium was around the $600 mark with optional no claims protection. Think my excess is like $500?

Edited by dowen
  • Like 1

• www.australianflag.org.au
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 9m 1d

OK, so a lot of you know that I'm 50 and live outside of the Adelaide metro area, and after saying (or in some ways, braging) how AAMI was only costing me $384 per year for a stock '10 g6et with a $450 excess, I just received the renewal notice and the covering letter states that there is now a "New System" that they are using to calculate everything.

The new premium will be $525........an increase of $141.

Agreed Value - - what the hell, I thought 'Agreed' meant that 2 or more parties decided what will happen in a situation - better check dictionary.com I guess - went down by a bit over 4 grand........WTF

The real kick in the pants was the excess......not that I ever plan on having a crash but that's why we buy insurance.....went up from $450 up to $1200....

Time to do the ring around again I suppose coz

you can KMA AAMI,

KMA

Been insured with suncorp for 14 months agreed value 55k. Just did a ring around a few days ago to see if I have the best insurance. Agreed value is now 38k. WTF read the letters they send you people I didnt and it could have cost me big time. Now had to re insure with suncorp for an agreed of 42k.

Dam salary sacrifice novated lease deals with all the interest first so the principle drops very little in the first half. With new for old running out in a few months. A write off whilst never a good thing is definitely not on the cards.

Touching wood.

• Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 9m 23d

I 've just gotta to sit tight until my day in court .......once the Magistrate hands down my penalty I will need to get on the phone and advise my current insurer .. I 've been with them for , I can not remember when , but it feels like forever - basically , my cars and bikes 've been insured with either Shannons (mod cars)or Western Underwriting(Bikes) and RACV(Stock cars) .

I am hoping , RACV dont give me the flick , once I advise them , that I 've lost my licence for exceeding the speed limit in a 100k zone ..

If they do ............I dont know what I will do ??? Any thoughts ???

I dont know that I want the car to be un - insurered whilst it sits in the garage - and I guess that little voice continues to haunt me , suggesting that if I dont get insurance - it maybe better to sell the car , and then come back into the market after my penalty period - only problem with that theory , I will drop a bundle on resale and wont be able to get back a new RSpec once it has been sold and I not sure at this stage whether the GT-F is in the same category as the RSpec ???

Those that 've lost their license for one reason or another - what has been your play when this happened to you - and would you have taken the same steps if it happened again today ?

• Hench, but no longer shredded or tanned.
  • Member For: 17y 21d

Ye AAMI can go to hell im goin to get sgio on the blower and see if they can help me out - got the 1200$ excess from 5xx$

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 11m 24d

I don't think they'll get rid of you per se they just increase your premium to a point at which you will leave of your own accord.

I know 50 year old that has written off at least 7 vehicles (all at fault) and is still insured with the same insurer. Yes it is a woman and yes she drives a Volvo.

• Like 3