Insurance....merged Topic....

Mondie

Insurance companies...  

825 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Member For: 21y 4m 17d

Any guys who have got quotes for less than $1500 for comprehensive with business usage, let us know what fleet/insurance company is offering such competitive premiums.

I was under the impression that the fleet company my employer uses would be able to offer me a good deal but they came back with $1920 for rating 1 with no claims. Anything below rating 1 was over 3K. Didn't even care about my age (28). I have to do some further checking as I know someone with a 200Kw AU2 XR8 who is insured through the same mob for $650. He is older than me but as I said, they didn't care about my age. 3 times the premium for the turbo over an XR8? :blink:

24 with a history and $680? I'd be laughing too mvec.

Guest ED_XR6
  • Guests

I have my car insured with shannons. They are much better than the last company I was with. I have all the modifications listed and the car is at an agreed value of 24K. They know about my speeding fine and it still only costs me $600 a year. and im only 24, but I am a rating 1. Being in the car club helped though, I got a 15% discount because out club is associated with shannons.

Tim

Guest mvec
  • Guests

Superoo,

My company is with Commonwealth Fleet. My firm is pretty large so they must get a good deal. It also depends on what type of lease it is. Mine is operating lease. Not novated lease.

Im really lucky too. Coz when I rang up NRMA regarding the insurance, I was quoted $4100. Without the fleet thinggy, Id be driving around in an accent. phew... :ph34r:

Guest womandriver
  • Guests

I should declare a conflict - I have a close relative who works there - but they are certainly very reputable.

I have three cars (not the XR6T which is on lease) insured with them and a number of friends do as well. They use a major underwriter and employ lots of car enthusiasts. They do tend to prefer older cars, but are more flexible than they used to be. They do like car club membership as it's a sign of the true enthusiast.

• vrooom psshhht
  • Member For: 21y 5m

I have been insured with Shannons for a while now.

They are really great to deal with. Its always nice to speak to enthousiasts instead of people who dont know anything about cars, and just do it for a job.

I called Shannons up the other day (renewal time) and the guy I spoke to knew who I was, and what type of car I had with just my first name!! We then chatted for about 10 mins about some of the mods I have done, and shows I have been to while we got the premium sorted out.

Plus - they are also a lot cheaper than the other companies that will insure me.

• Member For: 21y 4m 17d

Dropped in on Saturday and they were outstanding.

Did exactly what they said they would - doubled the insured value and dropped the premium by $140 compared to AAMI. Very happy with their understanding and would recommend them to anyone. :thumbsup:

• 4 weeks later...
  • Member For: 21y 3m 11d

I just got another quote from AAMI:

$798 60% no claim, no under 25 drivers etc etc.

All this is fine and reasonable but...

How come the replacement value of the car is $45,000 when the purchase price was $56,000? The 56K being the sum insured???

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 2m
I am 19 years old and am a rating 6 (the bottom basically)

I bought my xr6T and my insurance is $3000 a year. Which is not bad compared to the WRX price they wouldn't even insure me for this.

who are you insuranced with??

Dave.