Insurance....merged Topic....

Mondie

Insurance companies...  

825 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Bored Member
  • Administrator
  • Member For: 21y 4m 14d

Shannon's are great to deal with as long as it's an older car, i currently have my SLR5000 insured through them at an agreed value, on a monthly payment system.

I know of one person that had his car written off and they came good with his claims without a hitch.

There always quiet happy to talk when i've rang them regarding any issue's i had.

One of there pre-requesites is that the vehicle is garaged in a lockup garage at all time's but.

• Member For: 21y 1m 10d

I am 19 years old and am a rating 6 (the bottom basically)

I bought my xr6T and my insurance is $3000 a year. Which is not bad compared to the WRX price they wouldn't even insure me for this.

Guest HOTXR6
  • Guests

I too was insured with Shannons some 13 years ago and they were always damn good to deal with. They are very reputable and I will be calling them to compare my costs against NRMA.

HOTXR6

• Bored Member
  • Administrator
  • Member For: 21y 4m 14d

I'll save you the call HOTXR6 they wont insure a XR6 Turbo for less than $4,000 per annum. ;)

I tried them first last year when i was looking, they deal more in older model car's.

• Member For: 21y 1m 28d

I've been quoted $1500 to comprehensively insure my XR6T with a replacement cost (considering options) of $56K. Business usage, 39 yrs old, top rating, no claims, sleepy Sydney suburb and 20 yrs with my insurer (NRMA)Seems excessive to me but even on a ring around other insurers haven't been able to significantly better it. What gives?

• Member For: 21y 1m 27d

The busioness useage is the killer - Ford iNsure quoted just under $1000 without business and closer to $1500 with business.

The business useage is the killer.

• Member For: 21y 4m 27d

I've discovered quickly that the business use adds huge amounts to premiums.

Ford Insure:

Private use : $1200

Business: $2100

I would do less than 2% business related travel per year but they told me because my lease company claims input tax credits as part of my lease agreements, then I have to be insured under business. I'm certain I've seen some companies vary the premium based on the amount of business use, not just throw me into one bucket or the other.

Is this true?

Not sure whether to believe them when I was asked "XR6 turbo - is that a BA?" Really fills you with confidence.