Insurance....merged Topic....

Mondie

Insurance companies...  

825 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Member For: 16y 10m 6d

Hi guys,

My car was caught in the hail storm over here in perth 2 weeks ago. the thing is it was at the panel beaters at the time for minor repairs. RAC says I've got to pay the excess. I think that's BS cos it was not in my control. What's the go on this sort of thing?

Cheers, J

• Member For: 15y 1m 28d

You have to pay an excess. Same as if someone hit you and you didn't know who it was or could tell them who it was, you would still have to pay an excess. Just cop it sweet or pay for the repairs yourself, not much choice.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 5m 10d

Went to all Ford Day and spoke to Shannons rep for quote. Have a BF MKII XR6T in Canberra have always (and for yrs) been with AAMI. Got quote through $156 less a yr than AAMI and written quote through to cover future mods (basically Nizpro stage II kit) for $140 a yr more. Quote lasts 12 months, pay by month no extra cost, excess $500, windscreen free. Changed Xtrail over as well and saved nearly $200. Very happy. Live in ACT, probably worst postcode too.

• 1 month later...
  • Member For: 13y 11m 22d

Well thought I might just share my awesome insurance deal, I have managed to get my car insured for an agreed price of $28500. Full comp obviously, and im a Rating 1 driver for the last 6+ years. And insurance premium is only $613 per year :-P excess is $400. So a pretty darn good price, this is with AAMI. And it was actually cheaper to insure my XR6T than it was my old EF XR6 which was $40 more a year with AAMI...work that one out?

• Member For: 17y

The website car insurers don't want you to see - justezi.com

IT'S what insurance companies would prefer you didn't know - how to compare car insurance to save hundreds, even thousands, of dollars a year.

Former NRMA Insurance CEO David Issa has used his insider knowledge to launch Australia's first website revealing car insurance league tables that include the major insurers.

He said insurance companies banked on about 80 per cent of motorists renewing policies with the same insurer because it was too much trouble to shop around different insurers.

The industry is so scared of a one-stop website like justezi.com that they specifically forbid competitors from using their websites to obtain quotes as comparisons.

"We haven't approached the companies," Mr Issa said.

"What we have done is come up with an estimate based on our knowledge of how these things work."

Mr Issa, 50, who quit NRMA two years ago, said that in the UK where similar league tables had been available for 10 years, only 40 per cent of motorists stuck with the same insurer year after year.

"The rest shop around and take the cheapest option so in the UK motorists pay about 50 per cent less than we pay in Australia," he said.

According to the justezi.com estimate, a driver aged below 25 in Parramatta can pay between $2304 (Budget) and $3864 (Westpac) to insure the country's most loved car, a Toyota Corolla. The actual quotes came in at between $2209 with Budget and $3812 with Westpac.

Mr Issa said he expected the average motorist could save between $200 and $300 by using the site, which covers every town and suburb in NSW and cars up to two years old. Older models are being added.

The reason for the huge disparity between premiums was because insurers could get away with it, he said.

"If the risk is the same, the price should be the same but insurers believe their brand is worth more," he said.

At :

The website car insurers don't want you to see - justezi.com | News.com.au

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 20y

Keep an eye on that one...

"At some later stage if the public finds our site useful we may seek to enhance our offering and at that point we may seek to become a licensed broker or adviser"

Could end up like iSelect. They get a ridiculous amount of commission for every new policy they sign-up (I.e. $1000 each) and most private health insurers refuse to participate...especially for their budget policies as they simply can't afford to payout that much to an agent.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 13y 10m 23d

im after a BA XR6T ute but the insurance is a killer!

cheapest is 1250$ through SGIC (im 24 years old) but its cheaper for a sedan, not happy!

not to mention rego is more expensive than a sedan aswell but for some reason, im in love with the look of a sexy ute!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Member For: 13y 8m 30d

im after a BA XR6T ute but the insurance is a killer!

cheapest is 1250$ through SGIC (im 24 years old) but its cheaper for a sedan, not happy!

not to mention rego is more expensive than a sedan aswell but for some reason, im in love with the look of a sexy ute!

Are you kidding? You should be Cheering. The cheapest I could get for a Xr6 turbo is 1760 and that is through Shannons. That is 26yo, no offences, 65% no claim bonus. Let me guess, you are from QLD. The others in NSW want from 2350.

• 1 month later...
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Member For: 13y 7m 13d

50th anniversary xr6t manual, guaranteed value of 45,500 and yearly premium of $497 with aami online ! not too shabby ! :buttrock: paid 47 extra for windscreen cover !

both drivers over 35 and full no claims benefit !

Edited by rab