Broken Fpv Start Button

kevo

• Member For: 15y 3m 7d

Like a kick in the nut's!!!

First day back at work tomorrow, so you can be sure the boy's will be out in droves to check out my new show pony, and there I'll be starting it with a screwdriver like I stole it! :omg:

Well, I'll distract them with the cracked fog light lense I just found as I washed her the arvo :blink:

Got a brother in law who works for Ford so I'll get him to price and order me a replacement tomorrow. should be cheaper than the $500 price that Ford normally charge, seeing as the $280 are second hand ones and I don't want it happening again.

thanks

• 1 year later...
  • XR68UZ
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 2m 19d

bumping an old thread, but same thing happened to my car. is it possible to replace the starter button on a ba with one from an fg? the fg one doesn't seem to be as flimsy as the ba one with that bit in the middle, and theyre also cheaper on ebay to buy.

john

• XR68UZ
  • Donating Members

I actually quite like the starter button. gives the car that bit of class and sportiness. my previous car was an s2000 so its pretty cool to have another starter button in the gt.....if only mine was working >< starting the car with a pen atm!

Edited by XR68UZ

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 19y 11m 3d

Different style and setup though on the FG...you'd end up losing your tissue box holder and be left with a hole in the dash

• Member For: 20y 3m 25d

A wheels editer wrote once that starter buttons are a merketing wank I'd have to agree $500 for a button piss off give me a key start thanks . Is it hard to convert then back to ket start

• XR68UZ
  • Donating Members

it is a marketing wank, but I still think its cool. most people will say its lame etc etc, but they are just secretly jealous :ph34r:

im too broke to buy a new one atm, going to keep starting the car with a pen. ill just think of it as an added safety feature hehe

• Bored Member
  • Administrator
  • Member For: 21y 4m 14d

most people will say its lame etc etc, but they are just secretly jealous :ph34r:

Jealous would be if you didnt have one...had one and got over it very quickly... :spit:

Even more of a wank in the FG's with the cheap and nasty after thought they've hogged the console with now....

Wouldnt be so bad if it was keyless but being that you need to do both makes them pointless.