Fg Ute Tonneau Covers

spooner

• Member For: 15y 8m 16d

Hi All,

Id say the New design for fastening the tonneau cover is completely crap , sure it may look better than the BA style, but using it day in day out is hard with only one person, scratches the sides, doesnt hold properly, weak as piss. Both my side rails snapped in half after 6 goes at easy on and off, . at least I can fold it now to make it easier to use.

Just waiting now for it to fly off while driving . At least the BA lugs worked even if ugly.

Cheers

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 7m 24d

Spooner, funny you should mention about it flying off. Before I had my hard lid fitted I was driving on the M7 at 100 kph and the thing ripped off and was flapping about like a crazy thing just being held on by the front anchors.. All it takes as I found out is not have it perfectly clipped in and the wind gets in then its all over. Lucky it didnt scratch the paint or I'd be really pissed.

Dont think it would win any design awards mate.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 7m 24d
tig

have you got the bulge cover?

any pics as I have not seen one yet

timmy

Timmy, not the best photos but heres a couple .

cheers

• Member For: 15y 8m 16d

The extra inside hooks for oversize loads , securing sound great in theory, but is only 2 each side , connected to one elastic strap , that has no tension capabilities at all :)

You really need a extra 2 for front , and 2 at the rear which arent there to make it work properly . :(

Also in rain the water builds up in cover and through weight makes the back section release and cave in whilst parked :(

Weak As and Useless if you actually use the ute bit for putting stuff in, which is a shame .

The new adustable slider mounts work great for big things :)

• Forged Member
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 17y 1m 21d

I don't mean to insult anyone, but are you fitting it correctly? I have noticed a few in the yard haven't been fitted on the correct lip, this allows the water to cave it in