spooner

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Member For: 15y 9m 4d

I took my soft cover back to where I bought it , just to show them before I binned it .

They gave new a new one N/C off a car in stock . Which was nice as I didnt expect that or demand a new one .

The plastic side strips were faulty , must have been monday morning ones. Out of shape and too brittle and had broken in numerous places.

New one AOK :stirthepot:

• Member For: 16y 27d

im glad all of your soft top woes are sorted, because I just didnt get how you could have so many problems when others were having none.

• 1 month later...
  • Jamie
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 2m 11d

I got a stupid roller shutter and its leaking heaps. Not happy at all with it as I ordered my ute with the Hard cover and spoiler, then sold that and got an FPV soft cover, now that's on ebay. And then got this roller shutter and have taken that back to get fixed about 6 times and still leaks water. Its there now till the end of the week. If it still leaks im getting a full refund. Cost me $3000 with the ladder racks so about $2200 for the roller lid.

If anybody else had a roller shutter and it doesnt leak when it "sprinkles" please let me know where you got it from. I called blueys already and they claim there lid isn't 100% leak proof.

Edited by Dagabond

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 8m 12d

The roller shutter I had on my old BA ute was from Blueys in Sydney. The only time I got water in it was when I was washing the car and I was hosing directly down the edges otherwise the 4 drain points took any rain water away. Is yours a blueys aluminium roller or one of those crappy carbonate things as I looked at and thought was a piece of junk not worthy of selling at Blueys.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 8m 12d

Power Vision Sound, just saw your post in the other thread about your lid from Manufactured Alloy Extras. Does your lid have drain points in the corners of it to remove water that gets into the tracks ??

• Jamie
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 2m 11d

yes its currently got 4 drain points and there planning on putting another 2 in. that's why its there now. It seems to be leaking out of the drains. I didnt go for a cheapo no name company. I paid a decent price for it and cant believe how many problems im having with it. The lock started playing up since they put more rubbers and silicone everywhere. Im getting annoyed. THERE WRECKING MY F6 :wub:

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 8 years later...