Fg Ute Tonneau Covers

spooner

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 7m 24d

Think I'll just chuck mine in the nearest skip bin I find. If anybody wants mine just ask and its yours.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Member For: 16y 8d

Ive had no probs with mine either.

It can get rained on all day (and has been) with no cave in.

The side rails are in 2 from the factory, I believe so you can fold it easily (I often have mine rolled up around the support rails behind the seats).

As for the clips, well I haven't used them yet, but I looked the other day, and I have 2 on the left, back, and right.

And as for the coming off at speed... mine hasn't come off... and I have had it at some HIGH private road speeds :P

I think that has covered all the critisisms :P

• 1 month later...
  • Member For: 17y 8m 8d

im going to do a retro fit of the new tarp on my BF next week as I much rather the look of the new style.

will post some pics and info for anyone interested if it all works out ok.

Pat, can I still get the little plugs to cover the holes from the lugs already colour coded from parts?

Edited by UTB05S

ahh bugger, should have planned it better. im getting the tailgate repainted tomorrow on mine and could have got them done at the same time

I thought they come colour coded.

any chance of getting some today? (unlikely I know)

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 7m 24d
im going to do a retro fit of the new tarp on my BF next week as I much rather the look of the new style.

will post some pics and info for anyone interested if it all works out ok.

Pat, can I still get the little plugs to cover the holes from the lugs already colour coded from parts?

UTB05S, Have got a brand new FG tarp which I dont need as I have a hard lid. The side rail section that the tarp clips on to is still connected to my ute. Have you already bought a tarp, if not you are welcome to have mine. Not sure if the side rails that you need for it are sold seperately though, Pat might know.

cheers, Geoff

• Forged Member
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 17y 1m 21d

Yeah mate, have em instock, not real cheap though - my cost is $4.40 each! Normally $6.38! You'll have to double check on your ute, but from memory you need 20 of them

UTB05S, Have got a brand new FG tarp which I dont need as I have a hard lid. The side rail section that the tarp clips on to is still connected to my ute. Have you already bought a tarp, if not you are welcome to have mine. Not sure if the side rails that you need for it are sold seperately though, Pat might know.

cheers, Geoff

Thanks for the offer but I already have all the parts including the FG tub liner ;)

the chassis is the same and the inner skin of the ute tub looks the same too so should be no probs to fit it all up.

Well its all fitted

Quite a big job but I am happy with the result and fit.

Involved welding in plates and putting captive nuts in so I wouldnt try it at home

here is a pic of the finished product.

bfg.jpg

Edited by UTB05S