Melbourne Cup Sweepstake

tab

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 19y 11m 24d

MELBOURNE CUP SWEEPSTAKE

$5.00 PER ENTRY

Potentially win up to $69.00 per sweep

No doubt we’ve all been part of the office sweepstake where that annoying bastard comes around on the Tuesday morning coercing spare change out of you. Well we are going to try and do the same here, but with a bit if a twist to overcome the technical difficulties of distance.

In a nutshell let me know how many entries you want, then I’ll let you know how many you can have and ask for the money, then you’ll be allocated a barrier number and in turn a horse name. For the finer details read on, otherwise just post how many entries at $5.00 each you’re willing to purchase.

THE FUNDAMENTALS

- five dollars per entry

- no more than one entry per member per sweep

- once a sweep is full (24 entries) new entries go in to the next sweep, or for example if a member buys five entries then they will go in to the first five available sweeps

- if a sweep is not fully subscribed then it will not go ahead

- six sweeps to begin with, if interest is higher than that we will expand as we go

THE PAYOUTS

- last gets a refund

- scratchings get a refund

from the remainder

- winner gets 60%

- second gets 30%

- third gets 10%

THE SCHEDULE

Now till midnight EST Wed 29th October

Post up in this thread how many tickets you wish to buy, these will then be allocated to the sweeps as mentioned above.

Thursday 30th October

The sweeps will be finalised, each entry will be randomly drawn a barrier number and payment requested.

Saturday 01st November

Official barrier draw takes place, horses will then correspond with the barrier number in the finalised sweep.

Tuesday 04th November

The race.

Wednesday 05th November

Payouts will be made.

THE FINE PRINT

1. If anyone has not paid for their entries (not cleared in to my account by Wed 05/11) then they will be removed from the sweep(s) and the prize pool reduced inline.

2. If a non-payer is actually a prize winner then that money will go to the owner of the next horse. I.e. if a winner doesn’t pay, second place will get first prize, third place will get second prize, fourth place will get third prize, second last will get last prize (money back)

3. Given that this is a first for the forum if at any stage it gets out of hand or if there are any concerns then this will all be cancelled/withdrawn. Additionally I may need to make changes to the format as we go if there are any glaring difficulties.

4. Myself or the forum will not in any way profit from this exercise. Every last cent will be returned to the “winners”.

5. A big :rolleyes: to Turboboy for invoking this concept. (I think :bowdown: )

Any questions/feedback/suggestions then post away.

The full sweepstake listings will be posted here in this post in PDF format and updated as we go along.

Sweep_Tickets_081027.pdf

Edited by tab

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic