Fairwell "barry" My Friend

• Powered by Ford's 3.7 V6 = Zoom Zoom Zoom!
  • Member For: 19y 5m 25d

For those who remember "Barry"

Barry has been parked up for the last 6 months because the "P" driver who bought it only lasted two weeks before losing his license.

Two weeks ago the said driver got his license back and started driving Barry again.

On Wednesday 15th Oct he only had a 5km trip from work to home and this is the result ..........

Barry was an 03 with only 26,000km on the clock in mint condition.....goodbye mate!

post-5570-1224441892_thumb.jpg post-5570-1224441940_thumb.jpg

post-5570-1224441980_thumb.jpg post-5570-1224441993_thumb.jpg

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Toughest BA Turbo
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 4m

Sorry to see it.

Is it my imagination, most photos of damaged and written off T's seem to be blueprint?

Brian

• Member For: 15y 7m

When I was a 'P' plater I did a DDC (defensive driving course) through the John Bowe school of driving. While it was a bit of fun getting to do the various driving activities it was one of the best things I ever did, I have had a couple of very close calls with braking emergencies, and swerving both at speed and in normal local traffic, and I still use the techniques taught back then.

One of the first things I have done before getting my T is look into the high speed course's, that teach you how to handle all the many variables that come with driving at speed (which usually cant be done until you have done a regualr defensive driving course)

I consider myself a pretty good driver, like alot of people have done my share of stupid things but am not oblivious to the power these machines have and the lack of respect that some drivers show them. I'm wondering when the law's may change (if ever at all) and they'll make DDC's mandatory (offset with a % discount on insurance perhaps?) and even more so for younger drivers such as 'P' platers who purchase high performance cars.

I don't want to throw a blanket over all 'P' plate drivers obviously as not all of them are as reckless and moronic as the one featured above but it's a matter of basic math and common sense - a young driver with less than 12-18 months driving experience combined with a T or any other high performing car = a much much higher chance of becomming yet another statistic.

:highfive2:

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 19y 11m 30d

It's always a sorry site - but knowing how much TLC was but in to him while you owned it Clarke makes it even sadder :highfive2:

The poor thing rarely got to see sunlight FFS!

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 7m 1d

Another nun bites the duck.......... :highfive2:

Its a shame to see such a nice example of a T end its life like that.

It really scares me how easy it is for an inexperienced young driver to get into one of these cars. I was lucky and worked my way up fro 179rwkw to 330rwkw and have a huge amount of respect for the power these cars make.