Hi All

VR-04-TT

• Member For: 15y 5m 10d
I had a 91 galant b4 I got my xr6t but I always wanted a VR4 and still have a soft spot for them only thing is take a look at that engine bay! cramped much?? my mate has a 300zx TT same thing with them u can hardly fit your finger in the engine bay! what mods are u planning to do to this lil beast?

I'd love to have a 91 HH VR4 as a track car. They go pretty cheap too!

It is definitely tight in there. But I reckon you could squeeze in two TD04s or two GT2554R's if you had the right turbo manifold design (ie: lots of money and free time!!). There's a guy in Russia who has one down to 11's with two TD04s.

The main problem is the exhaust design. The rear bank meets the front at a T junction, not even a smooth curve. Then there's the dumps from the turbos, really restrictive too. So I'm getting a set of split dumps made up from the turbos and then a nice set of tuned front pipes which will meet up to my 3" cat-back that's already there.

With a new intercooler setup, some more hard piping (like the intake pipe) and a haltech interceptor, boost up to 12-13psi (stock turbos can't do much more than that) I should be looking at the 220kW atw mark.

There's a guy in NZ who's got 400hp at the wheels, I don't think he's swapped turbos, but not 100% sure there.

To give you an idea of how small the stock turbos are, I can't fit my fingers in to check the compressor wheel for free play!

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...