RAP1D

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• loitering with intent
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 8m 6d
Get it on the dyno ASAP and check AFRs as a starting point anything over mid 12s relative to boost is questionable. Ping is not always audible to the human ear.Intunes rep around here is debatable at best.
Rebuilds are not cheap. I would recommend a dyno run after any significant mods. Cheap insurance buddy or potentially :spoton:

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 11m 5d
Dead line will be around the end of October, I'll set an exact date at the end of this week as numbers are looking good.

Once orders are confirmed, each buyer needs to contact me (email, PM, call, txt) with their details and I will give banking details/ take credit card details.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 7m 8d
[quote name='Buf-Phoon' post='748848' date='Oct 13 2008, 07:16 PM']May I ask why you are still using a Unichimp ? An edit of the factory computer has far greater flexibility and can provide better performance than a piggyback

Awaits entry stage left of Gooseman :crybaby:[/quote]

LOL ...When I got my 'T' modded, it was late '04 and it was the sole option, Edit was still in testing. Is there somewhere that I can find technical documentation on exactly what the Edit does / changes to the onboard computer(s)?? I'm a computer guy by trade, so I would want _technical_ docs....not just 'it flashes stuff and make it go fast'...

• Member For: 16y 3d
Put me down for a set thanx Chris,

And are you gonna do a group buy on Flash Tuners in the near future cause will be looking to get one in the next couple of months.

Thanks Mate,
Butto

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 7m 8d
[quote name='Buf-Phoon' post='748848' date='Oct 13 2008, 07:16 PM']May I ask why you are still using a Unichimp ?[/quote]

I just got the auto redone.. (ouch), and aparently it won't take much over 300 at the wheels for years ongoing, so I think the 'unichump' should be ok if my tuner will go for it.

• loitering with intent
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 8m 6d
In their day the "Chimp" did it's job. I had one of the first Ts in the 12's on an APS kit.The difference with the edit is the available tuning parameters. Shift points and pressures for the Auto ( including spooling up boost on the BF A6) Removal of the speed limiter, softer revcut, as opposed to going through the screen. The edit can alter any parameters in the factory ECU. Any. Chimp is pretty much boost , timing , mixtures etc. Just lacks the breadth of control of the edit.

Just depends what the car and driver need to control for a strong car. Not saying it's absolute rubbish. Just that there is a better overall option

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 11m 5d
You have until the end of the group buy to pay me, then I will organise for the injectors to be delivered to me and send them out.