Protecting Your Front Spoiler

• Member For: 15y 6m 21d

I do not know if any one has experienced this but I nearly lost the front spoiler on my BF xr6 spoiler the other day.

I went into the damn you beaut shopping centre where in certian areas you park front to kerb.

In many instances the front spoiler ends up on to the path above the kerb edge.

Well in this shopping centre the kerb was abnormally high and if I had not gone to check it before moving forward then the spoiler would have hit the edge of the kerb and cracked all the way across the front.

I have looked on the net for front sensors that you can instal but ehy only tell me they give you warning of how far you are from the car ahead of you.

Has any one hear of any small sensors that can be put on the front spoiler that can warn you when you are coming close to a solid kerb and that you will hit it if you keep going?

Maybe I am asking too much but has any other member had this problem or damaged their spoiler in this way?

Cheers :stupid:

• Member For: 16y 11m 26d

I was thinking about a solution similar to what you were thinking after I scraped the front bar on my BF about 8 hours after icking it up from a paint job! I was going to get a set of reverse sensors and mount them in the front (painted up of course), at that level. I was then thinking that all the euros and HSVs with the front parking sensors have them half way up the front, so maybe the parking sensors would get feedback from the road below if mounted low?

Anyway, after having a look around, a reverse camera kit is about the same dollars as a reverse sensor kit. So I was thinking about putting a reverse camera behind the numberplate, pointing down towards the road. When parking, I would just flip down the visor (where I would mount the screen) and when I see the kerb in the screen, it would be within 8 or so inches of the bumper. I am yet to try this, but want to.....

Cheers,

Michael

• Cruise Control
  • Member For: 17y 3m

How hard would it be to mount a park sensor into the front bar????

Has anyone done this yet? after having my front bar redone twice in three years.....sounds like a ripper idea to me..... :3gears:

• Member For: 16y 5m 5d

Sounds like a good idea, im sure there would be a way of doing it. It would come in handy for low cars. Hate scrapping the front bumper/spoiler.

Good luck.

• I miss her...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 6m 8d

Even simpler solution... Reverse park everywhere. Worked for me. Then I bent my exhaust tips. Damn low cars you just cant win.