Strange Sputtering, Maybe Traction Control?

bambis

• Member For: 19y 5m 12d

had the same problem with mine thought it was alot of things fuel pump, fuel filter, coils, but it turned out to be the spark plugs. so that is where I would look first mate

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member For: 15y 5m 27d

awesome, cheers guys, ill go and check out the fuel pump, coils and spark plugs.

ill post my results here and let people know how I go just incase there are more ppl with the same problem.

thanks again cheers

bambis

• Member For: 16y 2m 25d

Man I have been getting the same problem aswell now...

I dont think its my tune thou.. because my tune ran fine for a year and now all of a sudden its doing the same thing.. spluttering under 3/4 and full throttle. then I thought it could have been a bad batch of fuel. 8 tanks from different servo's around canberra and still the same problem.. I put it in for a service and got all of the fuel filters changed.. it stopped doing it for a little bit... "Kinda"

Now its just constant again.. think I might take it to Genteck and get it stuck on the computer and see if they can find the problem. Because that's where it was tuned and I trust them with my car.

• Every Mod's Favourite Member
  • Member For: 16y 24d

I had a similar problem at 3200rpm. Turns out the boys at work had pinched my keys while I was in a meeting, flashed it to valet tune and put my keys back. Had me stumped for a whole day. *beep*.

• Member For: 16y 11m 8d

ive had the same problems on and off for over a year comes and goes

just last week after ford done up some manifold bolts it was really bad for two days back firing aswell as a rattle noise coming from the engine bay somewhere also loss of power over about 4000rpm , ive booked it into ford this monday and as with every other time its fixed its self again befor somebody can look at it my only hope this time is the fact that the engine light was on for two days this time so im hoping ford can read the error from the computer

how good are these cars computers at logging problems and are they normaly right like will it say if the coil packs failed or if the engine was staved of fuel because the fuel pump is no good can it tell if my catalitic converter has collapsed ?

one more thing I found weird with my cars problem is for the two days it was running like sh*t after 4000rpm it felt like it had more power below that rpm like it was building boost up faster than normal a lot faster only way to explain it is to say it had the power of and edited t only without the edit ,

what broken parts could cause this keeping in mind when the engine fault code went out it started running normal again its been doing this for over a year on and off. but this is the first time it had an engine light come up ?

• 2 weeks later...

still in the process of finding out , half the manifold bolts where lose and two missing turbo bolts but so that was my fuel smell problem ,

ford think The back firing was caused by the waste gate staying closed and not bledding off boost causing the engine to run lean which is a very bad thing still have no idea how this happened ford and myself checked the waste gate and it works fine needless to say ill be fitting a new 12psi one when I fit my new injectors and process west cooler in a few weeks time after all these problems get sorted out .

but I still think all the cars problems are caused by an electrical problem somewhere because my speedo randomly stops working when ever it feels like it and as such puts the car into limp mode also sometimes the car takes a good 6 or 7 full engine cranks to start some days

but ford have told me when it goes in next week to have the 3 week old diff replaced that leaks more than the old one I had replaced last month under warrenty they are gonna just start replacing parts untill the problem goes away its a pain in the ass because 9 days out of ten the car runs like new

the service manger said they are thinking its the cluster or the computer causeing all these problems ill let you now in about a week because ford said they need the car for a few days this time to fix it so fingers crossed I get it back repaired for good this time then I can fit all my go fast bits and bilstein shocks and springs I bought months ago

the bad news is what you car did last night is the same thing my car started doing on and off a year ago would be good for six months then run like sh*t 2 or 3 times then fine for a few months

ill post up what parts get replaced as soon as I find out if the problems gone

good luck with your car ......................