Quick Question.

angermagnt

• Member For: 16y 3m 14d

Hello all,

I have a BA Xr6t.

My question is. I am wanting to run a boost controller in the T but have been told that it is not possible because the car senses a change with the boost presure and goes into limp mode :spoton: - no fun..

The boost controller I am thinking of getting for my car is the Eboost 2. seems like it would do the trick. But I am wondering how you would get around the car going into limp mode.

any help would be great as im abit confused from people telling me I cant do it.. then others telling me they have seen it done in a xr6t..

Edited by angermagnt

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 19y 11m 24d

It can be done if you have a tune to go with it, but that sort of defeats the purpose unless you're talking big power.

There is no point attempting to install one on a stock vehicle as the ECU is too clever for its own good!

edit: Guess I should have read your sig :spoton:

If you've already got a tune why do you want it as that should already be commanding the maximum safe boost???

Edited by tab

I have got the car running a capa flash if that's what you mean by edit.

.. so correct me if im wrong or not getting the point :spoton: lol

But if I edit the cars ecu to a higher boost presure. say 15 - 18 psi and have the Eboost running so it has a 12psi and a 18psi setting and only switch inbetween the flash tunes max boost level it wont go into limp mode?

edit: Guess I should have read your sig :spoton:

If you've already got a tune why do you want it as that should already be commanding the maximum safe boost???

so I dont have to have the car running on 15 - 18 psi constantly. want to be able to knock it down to 8 - 12psi for around town and just cruising. then when I want to have a squirt just press a button and have the full power there.

cause fuels killing me lol.. and 15 - 18 psi constantly will just be nuts.

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 19y 11m 24d

Was just editing my above post :Doh:

A few people have a boost controller setup purely to wind the tune back so to speak like you are thinking of, so yes it can be done and used for exactly what you are talking about.

Try installing a balloon under the accelerator...as that'll be the only thing that would help at the bowser. If you de-tune it you're more likely to stomp the pedal harder. :spoton:

:stupid:

If the fuel bill's getting to much maybe it's time to buy a Yaris?? The difference in consumption will be slight if any between the two tunes so long as you control the right pedal so just try & cruise :innocent:

• Member For: 16y 4m 9d

just fit you boost controller and have a tuner turn off boost control via your flash tuner, then you can use the e-boost to do the job. I am runing a profec b in this manner. 15lb hi 12lb low at the touch of a button.

Edited by Tree Monkey

Was just editing my above post :blush:

A few people have a boost controller setup purely to wind the tune back so to speak like you are thinking of, so yes it can be done and used for exactly what you are talking about.

Try installing a balloon under the accelerator...as that'll be the only thing that would help at the bowser. If you de-tune it you're more likely to stomp the pedal harder. :innocent:

Lol yeah true..

:stupid:

If the fuel bill's getting to much maybe it's time to buy a Yaris?? The difference in consumption will be slight if any between the two tunes so long as you control the right pedal so just try & cruise :spoton:

Hmm will be interesting to see what the fuel is going to do now fuel is $88 a barrell.

just fit you boost controller and have a tuner turn off boost control via your flash tuner, then you can use the e-boost to do the job. I am runing a profec b in this manner. 15lb hi 12lb low at the touch of a button.

Thanks for the info fellas! :stupid:

• Azzman
  • Member For: 15y 8m 26d

Fuel should be the last thing on your mind if you own one of these cars! Anywho, Cant you just set 3 different tunes into your flash box and change between them? for example a 12, 15 and 18psi tune as well as the standard one? that way you can have your detuned setting and your race spec setting hehe. I have been told that the standard boost controller is better bar none, it is not worth getting an aftermarket boost controller as the stock one will do a far better job.

• Member For: 20y 8m

I have the eboost on my car and it works perfectly, I have an agresive tune which comes on boost very hard as well as a more progressive tune that still peaks at the same boost but gets there slower with a lower mid range, as well as a safe tune of 300rwkws. It as easy as pushing a button even on the run to change from one tune to the other.

You should get it checked on a dyno as it can bring boost on earlier in the rev range. There are quite a few running these just ask around.

frank