Territory Brakes On Ba Falcon

glimmerman

• Member For: 15y 8m 6d

Gday guys,

Just wondering, I want to do a brake system upgrade, and somewhere someone had territory rear brakes, on their Falcon... I don't know if they were on the Falcon as front brakes, or as rear again.

Anyways, what I want to know, is if territory brakes are more powerful than Falcon brakes (may seem a stupid question, its a bigger car, and heavier - but then again, its the exact same engine as a Falcon)...

And also, can they be used on a Falcon, now I have 18" wheels, so they should easily fit in if they are larger, and if they will offer more performance when braking, AND... can it be done easily, by someone who has a pretty good technical mind, but not exactly a machinist or mechanical engineer...

Any hints and tips and stats on this sort of thing would be greatly appreciated... if you can tell me how to go about doing it, even better again... (Now it's not like I'm stupid, if its something I know I can tackle, I'll do it, otherwise I'll get it carried out by someone who can handle it, since its brakes... they are important lol).

Cheers guys

Steve

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 1m 16d

if you have standard BA brakes then you have 298mm rotors. The territory brakes are the same as the BF brakes and are 322mm. Technically they run the same caliper but have different brackets to hold the brake lines on. FTG on ebay and other forums sell a kit to upgrade to BF size which includes slotted rotor, pads and calipers.

I dont think they would have rear territory brakes on the front, as there just single piston as opposed to twins on the front all a falcon. although they are a large size 328mm

Brakes are an important thing, have a crack at changing them by all means, just be extra careful. I paid a local mechanic to do it, cost $120 better than me fart arsing round for a few hours.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 1m 16d

check out my thread

http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=49181

the FG brakes are the same size and caliper as the BF falcon and territory. Only difference being the FG calipers mount on rear as opposed to the front side for falcon/territory

• 13 years later...
  • Member For: 1y 6m 28d

Hi I've just started fitting all wheel drive turbo territory brakes to my ba xr6 turbo. ive installed the rears no probs just knotched the backing plates to clear the caliper brackets. front rotors fit nicely but the caliper bracket is about 6 to 8mm to thick in the mounting point to bolt them up. just wondering if theres  an aftermarket mounting bracket or do I get the bracket machined down

• 4 months later...
  • Member For: 1y 2m 9d
On 22/9/2022 at 10:45 PM, chuck said:

Hi I've just started fitting all wheel drive turbo territory brakes to my ba xr6 turbo. ive installed the rears no probs just knotched the backing plates to clear the caliper brackets. front rotors fit nicely but the caliper bracket is about 6 to 8mm to thick in the mounting point to bolt them up. just wondering if theres  an aftermarket mounting bracket or do I get the bracket machined down

Hi did you end up finishing this off if so what else did you have to do. I’ve just finished putting rears in. Did you use territory rotors or did you get bf/fg rotors? 

• Member For: 17y 2m 27d

I'd love to know of Turbo Territory front rotors will fit on an FG XR6T.  I need to do pads on my FG and would prefer not to do Brembos as I'd also need new wheels. 

However, if I could fit the 340mm rotors onto the front with the larger caliper and 328mm rear rotors, it'd make for a very nice little upgrade coupled with some good pads.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 3m 15d

Matt from Race Brakes Sydney was selling a 355mm front rotor kit with PBR twin piston calipers so you can retain the stock 18/19" factory wheels. Quite a decent upgrade without the Brembo price tag.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...