Headlight Bulbs - Just Installed Calibre Xenon Blue

John K

• Member For: 16y 3m 9d

Calibres are pretty cheap and after reading a good review of them in Autosalon I thought they were worth a try. H4 for $35 and H7 for $28. From Supercheap!

They are much whiter than the standard globes and certainly seem to be brighter. I might need to adjust the low beam aim a little because I think they shoot a little higher and I'm worried about glare.

Haven't checked high beam out yet but they look good on the wall.

I'm going bush next week so they will get a good workout!

BTW, I managed to change them without disconnecting the battery - but I did undo the clamp and move it a little.

And I've kept the old ones just in case!

Next - fog light to driving light conversion. From the layout of the relays it shouldn't be too hard to jump power from one of the high beam relays to the foggie relay - presuming I can get underneath the relay mounting board. Then I just need better bulbs.

• Member For: 16y 3m 9d

Don't expect any before and after shots! (I'm not trying to get those @#$%^ plugs off again)

I'm spending the school holidays away in the country and will be driving a lot of back roads, so I'll keep the camera at the ready. I can't expect to give you a fair idea of the difference though - too many variables.

• 10 months later...