Oil Catch Can

• ʎǝʞuoɯ ɹoıuǝs
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 4m 3d

sounds like your catch can is leaking, so sucking under vacuum. the pcv is on the cam cover which means unless there is another one way valve, your catch can will be seeing boost and so maybe leaking there.

• ʎǝʞuoɯ ɹoıuǝs
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 4m 3d

you could just remove the hose from the catch can to the intake manifold and put that straight on the pcv, just like factory. that will tell you if your catch can is sealed or not.

I added a second pcv to this line so the catch can won't see any boost.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 13d

you could just remove the hose from the catch can to the intake manifold and put that straight on the pcv, just like factory. that will tell you if your catch can is sealed or not.

I added a second pcv to this line so the catch can won't see any boost.

Yeah mate, that's what I did earlier and still no change in boost.. a mate of mine with a BA ute said his changes boost randomly a bit aswell for like 4 - 7ish.. Put his boost gauge on too, still same reading maybe a little higher got up to 5 which I guess is normal. still makes me wonder why it was boosting to 6 and a half when I got it :S.

Anyway on topic if done about 200ks and there is a pretty good oil film around the lid, and the scourers seem damp so it defianetely is working

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • Menace
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 11m 28d

I would have at least a small teaspoon of oil in each runner in the inlet manifold aswell.

It has always been there since I got the car and I had never figured out how it got there until now.

After some changes to the intake piping I had to put a small engine breather filter on the front rocker cover breather which would be in front of the cross over.

There is no sign of oil whatsoever on this little filter and watching it on the dyno I couldnt see any smoke come out either :dontknow: .

I will be doing the back pcv valve with the extra 1 way valve to stop the boost coming into the catch can like JC807.

Thanx for the gr8 wright up guys.

Edited by Kroozin

• 1 month later...
  • Three pedals are better then two..
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 24d

Great write up, looks like I'm going to be running one of these too now. Like the cotton wool idea too :spoton: