Turbo Timer Thread (Merged Topic)

SweetXR

• Member For: 20y 1m 7d
Personally, I run a TT in my T. Its set to 30 seconds but if I give it a boot full on before I turn it off I will raise it.

I think its a good idea to let the turbo spin "down" and the oil to circulate for a while before turning it off.

So how does a timer hook into the system? Is it hard to install, and does it defeat some of the security?

• Member For: 19y 9m 19d

I got a qoute for a timer, and later found out, that you cant leave the car, cos they cant actually bypass the Smartlock, whereas in other cars you can leave it run, lock the car and switch alarm on while car is still running, which is a more efficient reason, but I just got the alarm fitted, and if Ive given my T a thrash I just sit in their and let it cool down, but otherwise installing a timer in the T, defeats the purpose of it cos you still have to wait for the car to turn off! :lol:

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 19y 11m 25d

In simple terms it just hooks into your ignition wiring. The only "problem" is that you cannot lock the vehicle using the remote keypad while the timer is activated - have to use the old fashion key in the door thing.

It shouldn't effect the factory immobiliser but I have NFI what it does to an alarm system.

Trent.

• ASHA - Anti Stooge Hunter Association
  • Member For: 20y 10m 7d

exar -> when the TT is activated (with the handbrake up, as it doesnt work with the handbrake down) the timer will count down. If in the meantime somebody jumps in and tries to take off, as soon as the park brake is lowered the car will turn off. As for wiring, im not too sure, XRSEX's brother organised it all for me.

XR0747 -> As tab said, you cant lock the car using the central locking whilst the car is running, you can however lock the car with the key. As soon as the car turns off, Smartlock activates. So it doesnt actually interupt the operation of your Smart Lock.

• Member For: 19y 8m 6d

Hi every one,

Im new to the turbo em and just had a turbo timer fitted. Once you switchh the igniton off and the timer is activated you cant put te windows up and the remote wont lock the doors. The only way to lock it is with the key.

Is this the norm? if so is there way around it. im going to see the guy who installed it in the morning.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Rod

• Like 1