Turbo Timer Thread (Merged Topic)

SweetXR

• Member For: 12y 10m 18d

You'd hope so or it'd be a waste of time and money. I am looking at getting a timer and remote start for my F6. Sick of getting in it on those cold mornings! Heated seats would have been nice too ford...

I was always under the impression that a car shouldn't be switched off until the turbo manifold is no longer glowing red which on mine can sometimes take a few minutes. I usually won't hit boost for the last few kms or will wait a minute or two but I'd rather not.

Stating "you don't need a turbo timer" then in the same post saying "you just have to wait in your car until it cools down"...? Riiiiiight...

• 7 months later...
  • Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 20y

Something to do with the 'smartlock' immobiliser I'd assume.

Try locking it using the old fashioned key-in-the-door trick instead.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 5m 3d

What they said..

Put the key in and start the car normally, then press the lock on the remote. It wont do anything.

Same thing while the turbo timer is going. Try locking it with the key as suggested.

Its strange how the car can't be locked without a key or remote but I guess it makes it harder to lock your keys in.

Edited by Paulie2256

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 3m 17d

You cam bypass the smart lock, as pazzo said there is a thread here somewhere on how to do it and ive done it and works perfectly and I can lock it with the remote. Just gotta install a change over relay on the wire to the bem module under the icc which stops the signal that turns your car off when you remotely lock it.