Turbo Timer Thread (Merged Topic)

SweetXR

• Three pedals are better then two..
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 24d

Nah just wait 30 or so seconds after "spirited driving" before you turn it off, I.e don't do a massive skid then turn it off straight away. Most of us get into the habit of waitin a bit before turning it off if you know you just flogged the piss out of it. TT's are unnecessary.

• Member For: 13y 1m 28d

Yeah I'm sitting in it now for 30 seconds after a long drive, just as a practice, but I'd rather install the turbo timer, in regards to the alarm system it's turning off even when the keys in, and I hooked up the red - yellow, Blue - white possible with stripe, and green - red with green stripe, I havn't yet hooked up handbrake or o2 sensor

I installed as per these instructions posted on a faggy skyline site after typing how to install apexi into google.

(Hi.

Since no one replied, so I decided to do this by hardwiring. Pretty easy stuff actually. Here's simple instruction:

timer red goes to +12V constant (white + red stripe from ign)

timer blue goes to ACC signal (blue from ign wiring)

timer green goes to ON signal (black + yellow stripe from ign wiring)

gray goes to e-brake signal

white goes to o2 sensor

black to ECU ground if white connected to O2 sensor, to chassis if white not connected anywhere)

I also figured out tonight that the light next to the 30 seconds countdown on the screen is orange, not green like it's supposed to be, like when I turn it to the voltage meter it's green, so I'm wondering if that leads to any sort of direct answer to which wires aren't connected/ are in the wrong place.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 3m 1d

Are you 100% you have got the on part of the ignition wired correctly. Im like the others that have said its unnecessary, all you have to do is drive sedately for the last part of the trip home then you can just turn it off.

I'm human therefore no, I'm not 100% sure, but I will try changing the acc and on wires to see if I did that backwards, and also hooking up the 02 sensor wire and the handbrake wire, if none of this works I'll be dissapointed, haha, the only reason I want it is for the convenience of not having to wait in your car for that long when you stop, and not having to drive sedately for a controlled time before stopping, also I'm a gadget man so it's cool to have, and it's most of the way in so I don't want to go back now, does the driving sedately thing apply to if I wanted to run 12-14psi of boost with the correct supporting mods in the near future?

Edited by RHR
No need to quote above post. USE FAST REPLY

I haven't figured that out yet, but today I accidentally touched one or all of the 3 wires together whilst my car was running and it died, now I can't get it to start again, any help would be appreciated

Blown the main engine fuse??

I just checked all of the fuses in the car and in the engine bay, they all seem fine, plus I'm getting power to the cluster in the from of my odometer reading is there but when I attach my test light to the main power coming off the ignition barrel/ constant 12v is doesn't light up anymore