Fg 20" 275 Rears With 35 Ioffset

INASNT

• Member For: 17y 7m 7d

I cant get the rims in 38 offset for the back only 35.

Next size tyre down is 255/35/20 which aint gonna provide enough grip with the single spinner I dont think!!!

• Member For: 16y 11m 7d

what offset do the wheels have to be to stay legal and am I better off fitting say 9inch rims on the rear and 8 on the front or keep the rim size the same front and back and just put wider tyres on the rear cheers

• 2 years later...
  • Member For: 13y 5m 21d

I went to a tyre joint last week.

I told the guy I want a new set of 20's and to get some lowering done, also told him that I dont want it to scrub.

He is certain that he can fit 20x8.5 (245's)in the front and 20x10 (275's) in the rear with SSL's all round, with out any scrubbing.

I am getting it lowered this weekend with my current 20's which are 245's all round. So I will let you know how that goes.

The following week I will be fitting the new rims, hoping they wont scrub. Will post pics.

• 2 months later...
  • Member For: 14y 4m 3d

How did you go with the wheels and scrubbing as Iam think of doing the same thing with putting 20x10's on the back and have you got any pics

• Member For: 13y 4m 10d

I had 9.5" on the rear ...anything over 9" with the intention of SSL your going to need to roll/lip the guards

but fat tyres look sooooo good from the back

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 1m 21d

I currently run a 20x8.5 (+35) front with a 245/35 & 20x10 (+42) rear with 275/30 on my FG F6. Car is lowered on Kings SL & SSL with Bilstein shocks. Wheel clearances are very tight but nothing scrubs, guards have not been modified at all. Note that the front does run a 3mm spacer to clear brakes safely. Ideally you would run a 235/30 on the front as the 245/35 comes very close to the suspension arm but unfortunatley I have been unable to find a manufacturer that makes a decent tyre in this size with a matching 275 rear that is load rated for our cars.

Edited by PLAYRZ
  • Like 1

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 1d

I am looking at getting some 20's for my G6E Turbo and the rims will be 8.5 at the front with 245 wide and 9.5 with 275 wide tyres. The rims will have a 35 offset front and back.

I plan on lowering it in a few weeks time and an wondering if I the rears will rub at all once lowered?

What you are planning on fitting will fit perfect and the FG has no guard to roll. 245/35 on the front and 275/30 on the rear. Do it youll love it. Try KU31 they are decent tyres

Edited by arronm

• Member For: 14y 10m 20d

I know of a bloke running 20x10 front and 20x10 rear, using tien coilovers and runs track and drift events. The thing sits like a dream, and he doesn't have an issue at all. the tires are rather stretch compaired to what I would run. Never the less it's been done.

• Sandtrap Motorsport
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 4m 3d

^^ 19x10 +10 front, 19x10.5 +23 rear

245/40 on the front, going to a 245/35 soon (so the front end drops a further 13mm, and a tad more clearance to guards) :)

Edited by Tocchi