Project Opensource Icc - Hardware, Software

MrBean

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member For: 17y 10m 22d

Thanx Dags, appreciated :)

@ 2fardown: Both Centrafuse and Roadrunner supports OBD-II generic diagnostics, all you need is a dongle like the ELM-327 or derivatives.

I have previously used the Autoenginuity interface, with enhanced support for our cars, so we can get mostly all sensors. So, no worries, we can have OBD-II diags displayed on carputer. As mentioned above, using DashCommand from PalmerPerformance is a nice one, as you can desing custom gauges for your car with their interface - I had made an attemp earlier for my UTE for LCD displays...see attachment - these were just a trial and by no means finished.

post-8659-1220141706_thumb.jpg

Edited by MrBean

Hello Everyone,

I took some measurements of the existing ICC metal enclosure, and if we want to use a slimline slotload DVD-rom we need to re-design a new metal enclosure. The original slot-location in the enclosure is approximately 1/2-way down from the top, so there is enough space underneath to fit the motherboard.....but....we will need to use low-profile coolers for the CPU and Northbridges on the motheboard.

This will require the use of 2x 10mm thick 40mm cooling fans, leading to annoying wine coming from them.

Give me some time on this one, I will see if I can source some of Serener-Case's heatpipes. This way we can make use of low-profile mounting, and get away with the space undernath the DVD-rom.

I am currently busy studying the electronics on the original ICC-PCB, and discovered that a Phillips JA1050 high-speed CANbus transceiver chip is used to connect the vehicle network to the ICC. The main controller-chip on the ICC appears to be a fuseable PROM, **40549G or something part number, cannot properly read it.

Anyway, seems like a ROM chip, and interfacing to CANbus via the (IC701) transceiver chip. To replicate the hardware interface will be fairly simple, the microcode is going to be the big challenge.

Will keep you posted.

Br,

Beanie.

• Member For: 15y 7m 14d

Sounds awesome Beanie,

Are you a bit peeved you went so far with the other carputer, to then go and do this? Seems like this is definitely coming along well

Steve

Ah, not really peeved at all. It's only a small (but important) part of the greater whole, so I needed to get the carputer and assosiated software sorted and working proper before the next phase.

Now, this is where the most work is involved, re-engineering a new interface for the ICC.