SubJimbo

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Inactive Members
  • Member For: 15y 2m 10d

My XR6t ute is getting a respray at the moment in adelaide, they won't paint the bumpers even know the rear bumper is missing paint all around the number plate and on the corners.

Have called ford 5 times about this and had emails of photos sent through and still they wont come to the party and ignored me with the old I'll call you backs...

They keep saying that shockwave primer only affected metal and not plastic. my reply what so does that mean every ford that leaves the factory the paint will last 6 years till it peels off and your left with a grey car!!

They are completely useless and my next new car will be a Late model camira or toyota because of this. They can get fk'd.

• 4 months later...
  • Member For: 14y 4m 28d

Sorry to bring this old thread back up again.

As I said in my earlier posts,

I had my Shockwave Xr6 resprayed a couple of years ago.

I now have a problem with the spoiler, it looks like the clear coat is peeling off in patches.

It started off in one corner but now it is appearing in other places on the spoiler leaving very noticeable whit patches all over it.

Has anyone else had this happen?

I was wondering if this is covered by Ford.

Thanks

• I am dissatisfied with my current employment situation
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 6m

They wouldnt have sprayed the spoiler..

My mrz car got resprayed start of the year I think and now theres soo many problems with it.. Blue overspray on the motor,, passenger door is missing a rubber,, passenger door hits the rear door and paint has chipped off,, corner of the boot hits the body and is chipping off,, spoiler and bootlid fill up with water after it rains.. These all came after she got it back

• Member For: 14y 4m 28d

I also had a lot of problems when my car came back. I went back and got a couple fixed.

I know the crash repairer didn't spray the spoiler, they told me they wouldn't be spraying anything but metal.

I was just wondering if the clear peeling is another problem to do with Fords painting and if I have any chance of getting it fixed at Fords cost.

Thanks

Edited by Grunta

• 11 months later...
  • Member For: 11y 5m 3d

I just bought a BA XR6T S11 in shockwave and took it back after the NRMA inspection (rear diff rubbers split) and before I left was stopped by the service manager as I had put my spare set of mags on it and painted the discs and carriers and fitted the polished calipers that I had at my shop and he started to pick the paint off my bonnet with his finger nail.He then told the service guy to get a camera and took photos of the bonnet roof and boot , then told me they will call me about getting it fixed under warranty. I thought this was just BS so reading this I am shocked that it might be true I just thought it was BS as they recon the bushes wrerent cracked.

Lets see if I am lucky as my luck isnt that good latley.

Edited by dasmq

• Member For: 11y 5m 3d

Yep Ford called back today and my respray is approved now all I have to do is wait for the paint to be sent to a pannel shop and then wait 2 weeks for them to paint it.