Turbo Whistle

tezza_turbo

• Member For: 15y 7m 5d

hey guys

I have a bf xr6 turbo which I bought about march last year.

I have just recently had it serviced, and have notice that the turbo whistle is very loud and is very high pitched. never heard this before, and even when I bought it I never heard the noise, not to mention this loud.

should I be worried?????

thanks guys

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 7m 24d

you might find that if the pitch is too high that dogs might start running to your car.

hope this is of some help.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 7m 24d

maybe check your intercooler pipework down near your battery to see if it is loose or if there is a hole somewhere there.

cheers

• NOT THERE!... THERE!
  • Member For: 15y 11m 6d

Sounds dumb but you get a highpitch whining noise (alternator whine??) if you have your stereo on AUX with the volume up high.

Likewise if you're driving at night with the lights, foggies, rear demister, etc on. Even with the stereo off.

I'm not saying you don't know the difference between turbo whistle and a highpitch noise comin' through the speakers, just thought I'd mention it as one of my dickhead mates was like "WTF is that your turbo!?" when he got in the car and I took off with the AUX vol turned up lol.

GL with it.

• Cryptic Clothing Company
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 8m 18d

iv had my phoon for a while. and ever since iv put in my filter, my turbo whistle sounds louder(much much louder). maybe a pitched noise. I havnt found a lack in power but my blow off is a hell of a lot louder. but im gettin the thing tuned next week. so I will get them to have a look. is the same thing happening with urs?

• 1 month later...
  • Member For: 15y 7m 16d

I had the same problem - didnt loose power until a week or so then lost heaps. I had a cracked hose - the one that goes onto the throttle body. glued it back together now its fine.