Power Lacking And Miss

Scoobi

• Member For: 16y 4m 16d

I have a miss and lack of power at 3000+ RPM that I can't sort. I changed the plugs yesterday hoping that would fix it but didn't. It's a 2003 BA Ute at 65000 k's.

When I removed the plenum chamber I found the the small length of pipe that attaches to the throttle body was only half on. By the way it was crushed by the hose clamp it looked like it had been that way since new. After I had put it back together I was hoping the miss would be gone and with the hose on properly it was hoping for power that I hadn't had before. I lucked out.

I posted this on the NZ Cruise Thread and were advised that I best post it here. So any help would be appreciated.

After reading other threads with similar symptoms is it likely coils packs? and if so how can you isolate a faulty one?

TIA Grant

• BOOST
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 20y 7m 14d

Clean the throttle body with carby cleaner. Could be the coils and or your throttle position sensor

• Member For: 16y 4m 16d

Thanks for your response......is the TPS a cleanable part or a replaceable part?

How can you fault find a coil. I'm guessing the only way is shotgun method.....take it apart replace one put it back together and test drive?