Night Cruise 22nd August 2008

RHR

• Oh look.... a real car, with no hair dryer
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 8m 13d

Ive missed to many of these to be put off by a bit of rain. As long as its not totally p1ssing down im there.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member For: 16y 19d

Hey guys im a relatively new user (been reading for a while but have never posted).

I bought a 2006 XR6 Turbo with ZF-6speed back in March and live in Wollongong. Wouldn't mind meeting up with you guys in Wollongong and coming along for the cruise. What time do you think you will be at Wollongong Maccas? Im thinking around 9.30ish.

My car is stock atm but have been doing some research and looks like CV Performance can get me started on the mod addiction :P

Sounds like fun to me!

• Member For: 16y 19d

oh yeah thought id add, revheadrobbo I like your avatar pic!

I have an XT Falcon ute that has been fully restored. number plate XT-221. sprayed in blueprint with 18" wheelboyz custom rims on it. it has only been to the gong a few times though as I keep it down in Nowra in a shed under cover. I bring it out once or twice a month and go for a bit of a cruise :spoton:

my T is shockwave in colour and they look really nice parked next to eachother. will post a good pic up of the two soon.

• BOOST
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 20y 7m 18d

Yeah the Xr was my first car that my dad an I bought for $400. Restored it which took about 2 years. We had it sprayed True Blue. Nice

It just had a 250 that had some head work a cam and some other bits a peices. It was 3 on the tree but we got our hands on a 4 speed (on the floor) and a LSD. We put a disk brake front end on it and lowered it all round.

Sold it around 3 years ago now.. Kinda kicking my self now too

Mate id say we'll be getting to the gong around 9.45 to 10pm.

Hope to see you there

• Cruise Control
  • Member For: 17y 3m 26d

Ok....so provided the weather isn't completely crap...this is the route that I had in mind ....

Leave Caltex Heathcote at 9.00pm, down the old Princes Hwy to Bulli, turn right onto Appin Rd and drive to Appin, turn left at the T intersection at the end and head off down through the gorge, across the reservoir and up into Wilton.

Left onto Picton Rd and follow back to Mt Ousley, down to Nth W/gong Maccas (beside the big roundabout)

After leaving Maccas we come back up the coast road to Stanwell, national park to Waterfall then on to the Caltex at Heathcote (northbound) to say our goodbyes then home.

Its not what you'd call a long run but at least its a chance for us to catch up and give our cars a bit of a run.

Ive decided not to ask the HSV guys this time, just keeping it between us ....

I did catch up with some of them at their cruise last Sunday and they were pretty keen to come for a run with us.....so what I might do is set up a night run through Jamberoo and Mac. Pass sometime in the future depending on what you guys think...will discuss with the rest of you on Fri. night ok.....

So that's about it....heres hoping the weather is good on Friday :blink:

Rob , can you add another to the list...my soninlaw will come along as well....(Fairmont Ghia) :idunno:

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 11m 4d
Ok....so provided the weather isn't completely crap...this is the route that I had in mind ....

Leave Caltex Heathcote at 9.00pm, down the old Princes Hwy to Bulli, turn right onto Appin Rd and drive to Appin, turn left at the T intersection at the end and head off down through the gorge, across the reservoir and up into Wilton.

Left onto Picton Rd and follow back to Mt Ousley, down to Nth W/gong Maccas (beside the big roundabout)

After leaving Maccas we come back up the coast road to Stanwell, national park to Waterfall then on to the Caltex at Heathcote (northbound) to say our goodbyes then home.

Its not what you'd call a long run but at least its a chance for us to catch up and give our cars a bit of a run.

Ive decided not to ask the HSV guys this time, just keeping it between us ....

I did catch up with some of them at their cruise last Sunday and they were pretty keen to come for a run with us.....so what I might do is set up a night run through Jamberoo and Mac. Pass sometime in the future depending on what you guys think...will discuss with the rest of you on Fri. night ok.....

So that's about it....heres hoping the weather is good on Friday :innocent:

Rob , can you add another to the list...my soninlaw will come along as well....(Fairmont Ghia) :spoton:

Ah come on mate, bring out the HSV boys... they get upset so easy hahahaha