Nos On A Xr6t

• Member For: 16y 2m 1d

Hey lads, How many people have had a T running Nos? not a huge shot just a 50-70hp hit, Can a custom tune be made up on a flash tuner for this? how do they react?

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 9m 19d

Unless you have a built motor I would stay away, they give you a huge boost of torque when it comes on and the rods are weak for a start in these things.

I will let you know soon how it goes im going to be running a 50hp and then 125hp shot. it's all setup ready to go just need to put it on the dyno.

• Mmmmm......BOOST
  • Member For: 16y 11m 23d

cant see why not gas is a good way to get the turbo spooling up

I know some one who's about to do it so we'll see how it goes

a built engine would be better but if you used it to get the revs up and cut it back once the turbo was working it might be a good combo

Edited by our06t

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 9m 19d
I think generally on turbo cars people use Nos to get big turbos on boost, but rarely use it full track

This is exactly why and with the falcon already producing so much torque low in the revs it's a recipe for disaster but that is up to you, I have played around with NOS for years on naturally aspirated cars and I would not turn you back on that idea.

You also have to remember that a 50hp shot on a turbo car can make as much as 125hp due to the NOS working as an intercooler effect due to it's extreme low tempreture

Edited by MYWPN

• Member For: 16y 2m 1d
This is exactly why and with the falcon already producing so much torque low in the revs it's a recipe for disaster but that is up to you, I have played around with NOS for years on naturally aspirated cars and I would not turn you back on that idea.

You also have to remember that a 50hp shot on a turbo car can make as much as 125hp due to the NOS working as an intercooler effect due to it's extreme low tempreture

What kit are you running mate? Ive seen a few for sale, just the universal wet kits for around $750-900, will these kits do the job?