Aps Ph3 With Plenums

qik1

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 17d

g'day fellas.

ive run out of bits & pieces to chuck at the car to make it go fast without takin the big leap of rebuild, turbo & g/box mods. the only place I havent been is the plenum. has anyone fitted a plenum to the aps ph3 setup. if so what brand & any feedback on performance increase. I spose the next question is it worth me doin it at this point? I will go the whole hog eventually but id like to try & reach a few mile stones with it first.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 5m 1d

I had an aps phase 3 system on my car and installed a process west plenum on it. The car made no real increase in power. It did however change the torque delivery to decrease it down low and increase it up top. Better for the transmission I thought and made the car more drivable. IMO the only plenum worth fitting for an increase in top power is the nitro because it has it's own short runners whereas all the others usebthe factory bottom runners. I've seen these results first hand on a number of cars. Quite a few cars with the factory plenum have run 10 second passes the fastest f6 used the phase 3 kit with factory plenum.

I had an aps phase 3 system on my car and installed a process west plenum on it. The car made no real increase in power. It did however change the torque delivery to decrease it down low and increase it up top. Better for the transmission I thought and made the car more drivable. IMO the only plenum worth fitting for an increase in top power is the nitro because it has it's own short runners whereas all the others usebthe factory bottom runners. I've seen these results first hand on a number of cars. Quite a few cars with the factory plenum have run 10 second passes the fastest f6 used the phase 3 kit with factory plenum.

who supplies the nitro plenum? just looking for an alternatine to opening it up at the moment. plus a 10sec run is a goal but gettin race fuel up here is near impossible as transport companies are gettin tough on carring dangereous goods. only other solution to race fuel is more hp & torque with the right tune.

is there a mix ratio that you use nick? or any particular brand? have you had yours dyno's to see the affect hp wise it has & all the other important bits & pieces.

this is probably gonna sound stupid but has anyone tuned one of these things on av gas? just lookin for an alternative to race fuel & mix myself brews.

• Member For: 16y 2m 10d

post-14171-1217841868_thumb.jpgpost-14171-1217841868_thumb.jpgthe nitro plenum? just looking for an alternatine to opening it up at the moment. plus a 10sec run is a goal but gettin race fuel up here is near impossible as transport companies are gettin tough on carring dangereous goods. only other solution to race fuel is more hp & torque with the right tune.

you can get nitto plenums from croydon racing developments or cv perfomance;istill think nizpro one works the best

• Member For: 16y 2m 10d
this is probably gonna sound stupid but has anyone tuned one of these things on av gas? just lookin for an alternative to race fuel & mix myself brews.
try c16 or martini 110 :snf (51):