Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Expert
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 1m 23d
:hohum:

Dude?????

I DIDNT TRADE THE RSPEC!!! that's STILL MINE!!! THIS IS ANOTHER ADDITION TO THE COLLECTION!!!

WE NOW HAVE A XR5 SITTING IN THE GARAGE BESIDE THE RSPEC.... NO CHANCE OF THAT GOING ANYWHERE JUST YET!!! (unless someone wants to swap is with a brand new Aston Martin for me!)

hehehe Dont know what the girly thinks, she got to drive it home after I picked up the F6 and that's it!!! heheheh

WOW.............now that's some garage mate. Didn't think you would of traded it so soon. But do like the sound of a Auston HMMMM. :w00t2:

It's going to take some time before the misses even gets a look in, well maybe after 6 months................lol

Enjoy Smicky

Edited by ANGEL#3

• Go Pies!!!
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 2m 2d

Angel#3, thanks mate all good the girly had a bit of a spin today!

tab, just waiting for the F6 to get a wash then ill take some pick of the garage...

F6, XR5, and the bike... Cannondale six13 ($6k pushie for anyone that isn't sure...)

quick write up... stage #2....

Jumped in this morning, headed into Jaycar to get some gear to wire up the ipod (Aux input is in the glove box... )

Anyways - headed out towards the M4 and away we went....

What an amazing little drive... headed up to Leura to the Lolly Shop.... :)

Sweet little ride - few quick twists and turns up the mountains, responsive on entering corner, and exiting isnt to bad on a wide road... Minimal body roll, ride smooth, nice light clutch (however not to light), easy slid/smooth gear changed, and clean breaking... pedal feedback really smooth also...

Like most front wheel drive - come torque steer, however was minimal at reasonable speeds...

Little turbo lag/boost smooth through out the rev range...

:violin:And the note... I just had to let the little baby labour in 5th and 6th from 2 grand and wow... what a sound... :wub:

Inside - minus a little bit to much 'plastic' its solid... generally solid finish... Seats are tight and firm (leather Recaro's - upgrade), heaps of adjustments, perfect position first time and was happy the whole trip!

Despite a hate for Sony car audio, the system once tuned sounds rather sweet for stock system... (better ranging then in the F6)... :blush: waiting on the upgrades to go into the F6 (FOCAL HERE I COME)... :evil:

Awesome bluetooth feature... auto sync each start and didnt drop a beat once....

Voice activation is a cool feature but a bit of a waste of time - considering the remote stork is on the steering column... and does all the same features quicker...

anyways, quick run... (staying within the speed limit..) :ermm: we got to Leura... and well hit the Lolly shop... but just as we got there... SNOW!!!

What an AWESOME DRIVE!!!

:roflmbo:

grabbed supplies and handed the keys over... and away we went back to the big bad city...

Minus a few little second thoughts the girly had, she did very well considering... now understand that being on the outside lane doesnt always mean that its the quickest way to over take and sometimes dropping back a gear, poking the peddle and crossing over 2 lanes back to the left - short squirt around the traffic and back to the outside is lots of fun in a turbo!!!

:wwww:

Back in the city traffic stalled once, but otherwise did really well!

:spoton::clap:

Had to love the little spits she had... "look the Swift wants a run... I think the old Rex behind us is ready for a go..." I love it... there is a sweet racer to be found in her yet!!!

(Just need to get her to handle the car better first)...

Got home wacked in the Ipoo'ed cable - ran it down the life hand side of the glove box, under the lip behind the glove box and around behind the center console, up and out through the side of the hand brake... no panels removed, and "looks better the a bought one" as I like to say...

However needed to put the connector/plugs on manually, solder, hot glue blah blah blah... 2 mts of cable, some gray door draft stick on form tape stuff, and a few cable ties (behind the glove box lower lip).... and WHAM... just like it was meant to be... She was really happy!!!

Tint next weekend - black on black (just like the F6) and what a sexy final touch this will be!!!

Anyone thinking of a new ride, downsizing or just looking for a reason to get into an XR5... GO DO IT ALREADY!!!

Shame the finish and solid feel wasn't in the Aussie falcon...(been in Jap cars my whole like until the F6, great ride but)....... XF, EA, EF, AU, BF, whatever... even the FG... you can feel the different in finish... love it or hate it... its an import and you can tell... Just a shame the XR5 is over late $30's but when compared to the others in the same bracket... Glad we got the XR!!! Far better bang for buck!!!

If you haven't been behide the wheel of the new LV then get off your butt and take the demo and flog it... Remember its not urs so go and rape it!!!

:3gears:

:pimp:

• Expert
  • Donating Members

Top Read Smicky,

Sounds like your misses is get the hang of things and coming out of her shell. "the animal is born" :blush:

Looking forward to the pics.

Question does the new LV come with cruise control this time round?

• Go Pies!!!
  • Donating Members

Thanks Mate, Pics should be on here tonite... but the F6 is still a dirty dirty girl... (no not the girly but the car)... settle guys!

Nar- no cruse on this one... :( looking at getting the boys at ryda to chuck it on -maybe...

• Go Pies!!!
  • Donating Members

Beauty and the Beast!

Stable mates!

:runaway:

post-14549-1218454466_thumb.jpg

Just like factory! :geek:

post-14549-1218454695_thumb.jpg

Better then a bought one!

:nod: Even if I may say so myself!

post-14549-1218455013_thumb.jpg

Got any blacker???

:B):

And for those that hate bike riders.... well... guess what?

Nice cars can sleep beside very nice bikes, and those that drive F6's and XR5, can ride bikes too...

(Thanks KS)...

post-14549-1218455470_thumb.jpg

:pimp:

• Expert
  • Donating Members

Again top garage mate, looks like the start of a beautiful new freindship..................how sweet :spoton:

Good job with the mp3 plug smicky. Is that a starter button I see in the XR5?

Black tint on black cars is common law. Nice bike too would of went for a Avanti or giant myself............... :beerchug:

• Every Mod's Favourite Member
  • Member For: 16y 1m 14d

Lovely bike mate. It's a shame Tab will now be hunting you down to run you over. On that thing you should be able to out-run him though.

Do you get out much on it? With a bike like that I'd be keen to get out plenty, but wouldn't take it out if there was any sign of crappy weather ahead. I'm running a Giant OCR3 which is nothing flash, but does the trick.

• Go Pies!!!
  • Donating Members
Again top garage mate, looks like the start of a beautiful new freindship..................how sweet :wub:

Good job with the mp3 plug smicky. Is that a starter button I see in the XR5?

Black tint on black cars is common law. Nice bike too would of went for a Avanti or giant myself............... :spoton:

Thanks mate, I like seeing the black babys put to sleep each night... :blush:

Yes its the start button you see in the XR5 - there is no key hole, just the remote and foot on the clutch then flick the button and rumble away...

Just leave the key in your pocket, or bag (if your a girly).... and thanks for the note of credit on the cable... took about 15 mins, and works like a treat!

Black tint... yeah... this is some pretty dark 5h17 on the F6 but... but sssshhhhhh :blink:

Avanti or Giant.. well the six13 Cannondale was the lightest think on the market 2 yrs ago, and think the new version might still be...

Not a fan of Avanti or Giant, bit to mass produced... The Cannondale is 'hand made in the US' and not cheap at all... then with campy... well enough said I think...

Giant has some nice rides for sub 2500$... but not sure on Avanti... or 2500$ + rides from Giant...

Lovely bike mate. It's a shame Tab will now be hunting you down to run you over. On that thing you should be able to out-run him though.

Do you get out much on it? With a bike like that I'd be keen to get out plenty, but wouldn't take it out if there was any sign of crappy weather ahead. I'm running a Giant OCR3 which is nothing flash, but does the trick.

Thanks mate, just waiting for Tab and KS to come down the road behind me... then well my magic 'monkey magic' skills will just have to float me up onto that cloude that he always seems to have just floating around in his back pocket! hehehe

Dont get out much anymore... bought the thing about 2.5 yrs ago for about $5000. after the discount.... did about 1000km's then alomst got run over by a FU(4!ng cop car... then also did my knee a about a week later, and just never got back on since... has been about 18 months... so dying to get out, but no locals to cruze with... :blink: and no idea where to go around this area...

Giant OCR3 is a nice ride mate... what gear u running on it? Shimano or Campy???

• Every Mod's Favourite Member
  • Member For: 16y 1m 14d
Giant OCR3 is a nice ride mate... what gear u running on it? Shimano or Campy???

Running the Shimano Sora setup. You either love it or hate it. I love it.

First time I went to ride the bike, I got up nice and early as it's about 40kms to work and I had to shower down when I got there. I geared up in my poofy lycra, threw my work gear in the backpack, clipped in and took off down the street. Starting in the lowest gear, I pumped away (there's some fuel for Tab), raising gears until I was in the top gear and roaring down a hill about 1km from home. On the upside of the first hill, I went to drop down gears and realised I didn't know how. I f*cked around for about 5 minutes and decided to walk it home. It was only after some research that I realised that to change down gears, you push the brake lever to the centre. I wasn't too happy and felt like an imbecile. :outahere:

Edited by Grudgee