Xr5 Turbo - Focus... Ordered Yesterday!

smicky

• Go Pies!!!
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 2m 3d

yeah, Fuji are not a bad frame either...Just forgot about Fuji...others I left out also...

LeMond, Bianchi, Look, Specialized, and the list goes on...

There is heaps of frames out there and in some cases some of them actually come from the same factory's in China, Taiwan, etc... hence I love my Cannondale - HAND MADE IN THE USA!

Just had a thought... if your not sure on roady v's mountain... then get a recreation/fitness bike... Something that is easy to ride on the road and not to heavy, however still have a strong enough frame and build to take a little bit of stick and will run rims/tiers which will be good on the road, as well as not collapse on a dirt track!

:)

Anyways lets get this thread back on track to the XR5!!!

Had it out again last night, nice cool weather, out in the hills, windy, open clear roads... and WOW!!!

How much fun was it!

Still loving this little ride, when I get the chance to give it a bit of poke!!

:blush:

Dare I mention that I haven't had the F6 out for anything then the 5 Km drive to the office and home each nite... :stupid: I think the phoon might be getting a little upset... better give it a wash or something tomorrow... so it some loving again...

^_^:blink:

Get out and test drive one this weekend if u can, and tell us all what u think!!!

:blush::bangcomputer:

Edited by smicky

• 3 years later...
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 8m 25d

Well I gotta say I'm jealous of your garage. The missus and I were only talking about it the other day that "Sh*t, should have got the little XR in Black to match the FG Turbo ute. Looks great in the garage though! Yeah I can relate to being an addictive drive. We've had our XR5T for bout two weeks my FG ute has hardly been used! Love the sound of the 2.5L and the feel on the road. We've only just put 1000kms on the odometer however our average l/per 100km is sitting around 12.1 which is roughly the same as our FG ute (6spd manual). Did take it for a country trip and it returned 9.1 which was alright however the ute has got down to 8.7L/per 100 kms which is awesome. Obviously the motor is still tight so hopefully the fuel averages will reduce over time.

I was chatting to one our friends who used to work as a service manager at a Ford Dealership and he advised that they are a great little car. He advised that the wheel lock nuts are crap and that we replace them asap. He advised that with repeated rattle gun exposure they wear out and basically are almost impossible to remove...

Well the missus traded her immaculate BA XR8 sedan which was our other baby and although it's a huge step down in power the little XR5T is just a load of fun to drive. Yeah I'll back ya up...they are a great little car and after driving a VW Golf we much preferred the Focus (but that's just our personal preference!!).

Hope your missus enjoys her new ride and very nice F6! Congratulations!

• 2 weeks later...