Rough In The Morning

qik1

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 11m 8d

have a very minor prob with the T & I would take it to my tuner to fiddle with but I would have to lose the car for a couple of day to sought it out. anyway it only happens on first start up in the morning. it runs like an old lumpy 8 & then smooths its self out within about 3-5 secs & its all sweet. can start it up at lunchtime & its all good. only other time ive noticed it is if I dont start it all day & I go to leave for home afterwork. is it common during winter & does anyone else have the same issue.

60lb's. has only been doin it since ive had them fitted but it coincided with winter so I was unsure what the culpret was. I knew there was goin to be a few compramises in running qulity when only labouring/idling this maybe one of them. I take it very easy until it gets abit of heat into it anyway.

• Into the laaaake
  • Member For: 16y 10m 4d

Im runnin the 60lb Siemens Deka's John. My ute idles like its stock first thing stone cold in the morning. Were seeing the same sort of temps as you at the momment.

dont know then mate, its only happened since ive had them fitted. it might be daves magic fingers that are the difference. I think a plenum & retune in mackay are on the cards for me!!!

• CNUTOX
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 3m 13d
which 60 pound injectors.

apples ain't apples if you get me drift

UM could be the siemans or the so called fakes, that siemans manufactures, or as you said apples aint apples, they could be canteloups!

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 2m 15d
dont know then mate, its only happened since ive had them fitted. it might be daves magic fingers that are the difference. I think a plenum & retune in mackay are on the cards for me!!!

Mine does the same thing, lumpy as hell when it's dead cold for about 5 - 10 seconds, then smoothes out nicely. Sounds excellent to me, and is one of the pleasures of cold weather driving. I have the Nizpro injectors, so I don't think it is a fault of your injectors. Perhaps it's a characteristic of bigger injectors generally.

Any tuners care to comment?

I agree mate, I think it might be just a cold start thing with the 60lb inj. im not sure on the brand though sorry but all the good stuffs been put into the car by my tuner so I would imagine it would be the same for the inj's but I could be wrong. sounds mad though expecially with the twin 3 1/2 out the back end.

hey brad ive got to try & talk the wife into lettin me do it, my excuse was wouldnt it be nice to spend a couple of days in mackay!!! her response so far :thumbsup: . lol. I will have to look into which plenum to get especially with the plumbing set up I have now with out breaking the bank. would love to crack 10's with stock eng, box & most of all on pump fuel & join the 400rwkw club. might be pushin the friendship with that last one but he is good. gonna call him soon & see what he thinks.