New Site Layout

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Forged Member
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 17y 2m 17d

I tend to agree that there is a bit too much white, although I find it good that the navigation is still very familiar

It was time for an update, and I'd like to say that I really like it, but I've only been online for a couple of minutes, I'll post again after today (cos I'll be whoring as usual! :thumbsup: )

• Here since the start...
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 11m 30d

I don't mind it.

A little darker wouldn't be to bad.

Other features will be up and running in the near future so don't panic if everything doesn't work just yet. :thumbsup:

initial thoughts were fantastic but after stumbling around for a while I too have found it hard to read. Having said that it also took me a while to get used to the old new one and it was time for a change so I guess I'm happy.

I do agree that we should at least have a BA included in pic as that's what started this whole phenomenom that we know & love

I wouldn't mind the e-mail notification of replies being unchecked as I keep forgetting to do this myself and the old e-mail box gets cluttered because I'm not home for 2 weeks out of 4 but again I can live with that

Great work to all

:buttrock:

Edited by Rapid XR6T

• Every Mod's Favourite Member
  • Member For: 16y 1m 19d

Looks fantastic. Contrary to popular opinion, it's much easier to read black on white. Looks tidier and easy to navigate.

I reckon the light blue used on the forum homepage could be darker though, as when skimming through a list, light blue on grey doesn't have the contrast for a quick read.

You're probably going to do it, but the pics in the forum homepage could be more than just blue FG's and relate to the category itself. :P

Edited by Grudgee

• The Noble Leader
  • Administrator
  • Member For: 21y 6m 13d

Thanks guys for the feedback taking all this onboard. May actually see what we can do in regards to the header and possibly add a BA/BF into the mix. Unfortunately due to making the site a fluid width starting at 1024x768 it makes it difficult to add more vehicles to the right hand side.. but im sure we could possibly do something on the left hand side..

Topic Preview - Will look into it.

As well as adjusting the colours of the blue to a bit darker.. Its very hard to see what it would look like on a development board with not many posts, and to see it live is different.

The topic pictures in the forum cannot be changed unfortunately. No option within the software to set an individual forum icon (otherwise we would have done it).

Unfortunately no option to use the old board skin as it requires alot of work to be able to utilise the new features of the forum and display correctly.

The portal is gone. The new page for news and portal info will be http://www.fordxr6turbo.com. I will add over time some of the features that everyone used on the forum portal ie last posts etc..