Custom Tune - Xr5

TOSKA

• Member For: 16y 11m 29d

Not sure what sort of power. I havent spoken to Ali yet.

Ive been on the dreamscience website to do a little investigating about the stratagem flash, which is suppose to be getting some reasonable results overseas.

Would be good to see if anyone has any info on this.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TEAM BA
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 4m 12d
I know Tunehouse have done an XR4 fiesta, could be the same software

wouldnt happen to know how that turned out would you?

• Member For: 16y 11m 29d

The STC tune goes around a 40kw gain or just under from what I understand (on the XR5). Just basically remapping the existing ford programme from what I gather.

Ive looked at the Stratagem tunes they are using over in Europe, in particular the UK. Vey similar results.

It appears as though this area of tuning is still in its teething stages here, and have also been advised by a few people to be mindful of the overseas tune available, as its not for the Aus software on the vehicles.

At the end of the day, the car will never go like the 6 I had and after having the 5 for a couple weeks, Im sort of missing the power but on the other scale loving the fuel costs.

• Member For: 21y 2m 2d

There's actually 2 very good forums, the Australian one is http://www.fordxr5turbo.com/forum/index.php

the UK one is http://www.focusstoc.com/forums/index.php?...orums/home.html

Dreamscience is the most popular tuner, ordered from the UK it takes about a week to arrive, cost is around $960 landed. If you join either forum you get 50 pounds off the sticker price, well worth the membership.

The unit comes with 5 tunes, takes 5 minutes to "swap", two tunes take into account exhaust and CAI mods, otherwise the 3 tunes offer around 200KW, not bad bang for your buck!

Cam.

• 2 years later...