Ba Standard Internals

blueboost

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 2m 10d
Do you know if the Blue one still has/had all the good bit's on it, or did it get pawned off as a standard unit?

von Boosthofen has owned the blue one now for a fair while. As far as I know it has all the gear still on it.

Congrats Dave great to see you got the record back. Hope you crack into the 9s

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member For: 19y 10m 29d

the car would have been about 1780kg I think with me in it, but I did not weigh it.

thanks for the replies.

the ute is kents it ran 10.55 @ 128mph (sliping convertor)1.65 60ft I think it has a lot more in it. had 437rwks when it ran that run.

yep pete's got me old blue one, everything is as it ran, it had a Nizpro stage 2, and a genie twin 21/2 inch exhaust. and water injection.

gee, that twin race looks cool, wish I beat him but.

if I did not sit on the line for so long,I might have had a chance, got him on the time (just)

I had just as much fun seeing Kent run well, he has put a lot into that project, nealy giving up a few times, now, I think he has 9's in his sight's. a week a go he did not think it was posible. WELL DONE KENT.

and thanks to Dean for the video, that is not a bad phone.

David

Well done to both Dave & Kent.

It's getting serious now with the big turbo, slicks etc, but you are not running big power for the time; more a matter of getting the setup right and knowing how to launch.

Maybe you could try a lower diff to achieve a bigger mph (although that'll put more stress on the driveline)?

Brian

yeh it is not big power, and it was very hard to not go mad with it, but that is a lot for a BA. so I thought being conservitive and look at other ways to get there was the go for starters, the car was running 16psi, now it has run that time and was able to still drive home, I might just lift the power another 20-30 kws and see what happens.

with the gearing, I am thinking of going to 3.23 gears, or go to 28inch high slicks, because I dont think just reving this motor higher is the answer, that said it sounded like it was loving it, (well maybe not the rods)

time will tell if it is a good idea or not.

David

Edited by blueboost

• Member For: 16y 9m 20d

I just brought 28's dave you can have a go if you want, and bring on 9's now I say.

as you said I came very close to giving up a few times but its all coming together, I think with the new converter a bit more fuel system and a bigger tyre under it we will go close to cracking a 9,

big thanks to dave

• Member For: 18y 16d
I just brought 28's dave you can have a go if you want, and bring on 9's now I say.

as you said I came very close to giving up a few times but its all coming together, I think with the new converter a bit more fuel system and a bigger tyre under it we will go close to cracking a 9,

big thanks to dave

I see some records about to fall! Once again congratulations boys! So glad you both finally got there, and incredible to hear that you both have more left!!!!

WOW

big thanks to dave

I will give them a go Kent, but I think 9's are to much for my rig(with the stock motor anyway), but we will see if we can get it a bit lower anyway, I wonder if jeff will still buy the motor, if a rod is hanging out the side.

David

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 9m 24d

Did you dyno it before and after c4 I would be interested to see whether you lose or gain power with it compared to a btr4. or your thoughts