Picked Up G6et

BLN68U

• Member For: 18y 7m 9d

Just picked my G6et from power ford Castle Hill great service and help, the car is an animal in stock form, although it doesnt attract as much attention as my Bogan special ve ute does its really nice tp drive Im glad we turned away from the Calais, I cant belive its quicker thsn the Xr6t and the F6 o - 100ks its awsome. :gfight:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• You are a dead set goose
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 3m 27d

That would be hilarous. Not only do they look better but they go faster than an F6 310 :leghump:

• Member For: 18y 7m 9d

Mate I dont go by dynos there power readings dont reflect performance my ba xr6t was dynoed at 245 rwkw and on the road it had nothing, but this thing feels fast and is fast I already had a run with a 335 bm and had 2 cars on him with a passenger in the g6et.

Wheels and motor had tested this car 0 - 100 and got readings of 5.1 secs and that's on 95 ron fuel!

My Bogan special ve ute with a CAI and cat back zorst doesnt move like this car I only managed to put half a car length on the same 335 bm in that.

• Member For: 15y 9m 27d
does,nt really mean much when most of the fg,s that have been dynoed are all different.

Never said the magazine articles did hold a great deal of weight - hence my specific mention of the 'few' magazine tests so far. KW results can also vary greatly from dyno to dyno - as well as ambient air temperatures during the dyno run also playing a role.

The XR6T and the G6ET run identical engines, gearboxes, tyres and weigh virtually the same (the XR may be slightly lighter). The only real difference I can see that may impact 0-100km times is the luxury (ie softer) suspension on the G6ET which may theoretically improve or reduce the amount of grip available during a hard launch.

The F6 has the same displacement engine as the XR6T and GE6T with most of the extra power courtesy of a larger (ie slower spooling) turbo. This could potentially hamper 0-100 times slightly (especially seeing as the rear tyres are also still only 245 on the F6).

Buggered if I know why so many people place so much emphasis on 0-100 and times anyway. While driving around on the roads how often would you mash the big go pedal and scream up to 100 clicks, then think to yourself...

"Phew, I'm glad I bought the G6ET. Cause if I'd bought the F6 that may have taken a tenth longer!"

The real benefit of the power of these cars is their ability to accelerate once they're already up and rolling. Through the twisty's and overtaking. :laughing:

• Member For: 16y 2m 26d

FG XR6T, G6E-T and F6 310 all run the same Turbo. They all run a smalller turbo over the BF series to reduce spool up times but they are all the same turbo.

F6 has stronger internals, bigger cooler and different tune to give it 310Kw.

The XR6T and G6E-T are identical cars with different styling.