FG-New Xr6t Ute

monza1414

• Member For: 15y 9m 11d

g'day this is my first time on the forum. 2 weeks ago I picked up my new FG XR6 turbo Ute and I'm loving it. only prob I find is axle tramp but wont be long till I sus the right kit to fix that. wasn't really into fords before but this car is unreal

post-16233-1221534262_thumb.jpg

• Member For: 15y 9m 8d

Hi Guys,

Just got back from my day out at Sandown , having a Coldie :finger:

Super day out , about 50 cars , a wide mix of machinery , and state of tunes and performance levels , The 300ZX club where there on mass , heaps of Skylines , 3 race specced Mini's , 2 Porshe GT3's, a Ferrari and Lambo , and a Wicked AMG 6.3l Mercedes that looked like a stock limo, that had to been seen to believe how FAST this thing was . Throw in a couple of new turbo VW's, BMW's etc .

But get this guys , Only one Holden , a Brutally fast worked VL turbo on race tyres and rubber and Not a HSV to be seen ?

As for the Fords , just me and another hardy soul in a stock BA MKII Turbo sedan ,Flying the Have Fun with Fords Flag :ermm:

Weather was perfect , Instructors on hand were various V8 drivers and Ex Racer proffessional coaches. I got Dean Canto , to sit in with me for 7 laps, showing me the keys to getting to grips with the Auto box , as was 1st time ive ever used a Auto on the track, when and what markers to brake on and when to turn in, took a couple of sessions to settle in, then wow, I know the track well but the auto was confusing me, once I learnt the go, was on it. These guys know there stuff.

The car performed flawlessly and all I can say is that the Traction Control works wonders in saving you losing the arse end, you just boot it out of corners without fear of looping out, never even considered turning it off to see what would happen , and has some Serious Mumbo under the hood, which surprised many a driver when I come up on them. No noise, no spoilers, no fuss , just Go !

Hi Temp warning came on once, so I just slowed it down to cool it , then went hard the next lap .

Only signs of wear at end of day, is the front R/H tyre , shagged real bad , but I expected that to a point , Did the whole day on one tank of juice, unlike most, lol. Brakes faded after 5 laps, as you would expect , but no were to the point of making me feel they were bad, Its only a stock car , but was very good fun to drive hard , and very fast stock outta the box and got lots of comments from watchers and other drivers I passed , being a ute and the only one stood out in a star studded field .

All in all , Great Day , met some Great People, and Much Fun Had by Everyone :bye:

post-16259-1221981078_thumb.jpg

post-16259-1221981109_thumb.jpg

post-16259-1221981146_thumb.jpg

post-16259-1221981179_thumb.jpg

Edited by spooner

• Member For: 15y 7m 1d

Excellent piece of write up, it seems like an amazing day out. Did you have the comparison of lap time to other vehicles? Did I read it right that 38.9 litre per 100 km for the day??? Not bad for the stock brake to fade after 5 laps, I thought it would go after 2 laps. And the tyres are pretty good too. Thanks for sharing the day out.

• Member For: 15y 9m 8d

Aint about lap times mate, Its all about having Fun and going Fast around Corners and Enjoying performance cars whatever type you are in.

Everyone there , for the same reason , to have fun and give the car a Blast .

The Fastest Car gets Nothing at the end or the day .

Other than the same Enjoyment level as everyone else.

FGT aqquited itself very well , on a Bang for Buck basis , brand new stock left many $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ machines behind :stupid:

• Inactive Members
  • Member For: 15y 7m 29d

Hi All, I'm new here! Picked up my FGT ute 2 weeks ago.

It was definitely worth the wait - so hang in there if you're still waiting

Since then I've put on 1700km's and am loving it.

What an awesome car!

Quiet, smooth, comfortable and plenty of go - what more could you want from a company car?

post-30966-1222341085_thumb.jpg