Finally Test Driving An Auto Fg F6 Next Wed 23rd

PASHEN

• Member For: 20y 4m 2d

I just got a call from my Westpoint Ford in Hoppers Crossing (Melb)

They're finally getting an auto FG F6 for 2 days only - next Tuesday 22nd and Wednesday 23rd July :stirthepot:

I'm taking it for a drive on Wednesday afternoon (damn I hope its not raining) :innocent:

Just thought I'd let you guys know in case you've been waiting to take a spin in the new beast.

• Member For: 20y 4m 2d

Hi guys,

I went for a test drive in a black 6 speed auto F6 today. Well, twice. I’ve wanted to do this for months, and was so glad I did. My 2 drives over an hour went out of Hoppers Crossing and down the freeway toward Geelong. A few exits later I headed back and drove through Werribee. Roads were pretty dry in most places. I took some pics but the resolution on my blackberry camera was crap and the quality didn’t do the car justice so I wont post them.

Initial impressions of the F6:

• Looked tough and smooth, but slightly underwhelming. I expected a black F6 with 19’s to look a lot more menacing than it did. Maybe the “war paint” blending into the body colour on the front bar was to blame. Either way, I was hoping for more. It looked newer parked next to my car, but not as aggressive which was as spew. Although it did turn a stack of heads on the road – seemed everyone that looked new what it was and what it is capable of.

• Interior, very snug compared to my BF F6 and a class above. But my problem was that I just came out of a black G6ET where the interior was so polished I felt wrapped in modern luxury. The F6 was a comfortable place to sit in for a performance car, but the G6ET I didn’t want to get out of – it was that nice.

How it drives:

• In a word – AWESOME. As soon as you get behind the wheel and squeeze the peddle this thing moves. It feels like a much smaller car with a much more ferocious engine than a stock BF F6. The toque is everywhere and you just need to dab the peddle to make it go. One problem is how little it takes for this car to break traction. Makes for great fun, but unless you know how to drive turbo’s and have good throttle control you’re in deep sh*t unless you’re dead straight. Even when it’s not raining. This car needs more rubber on the ground. Overall, it drove like I expected – awesome and addictive as any car I’ve ever driven.

How it sounds:

• FPV have also nailed it with the sound this time round. The engine and exhaust note is angrier but smooth – the crackle between gears is nice too. The jet whistle under throttle is also much more noticeable. For the first time, this F6 sounds like a true jet. It’s like sexual chocolate for your ears.

The price was $66,450, plus leather + sunroof so it’s over $70K on the road. Doing the numbers brought me back to reality and gave me some perspective. My F6 would probably be worth less than $40k now – and I’d be out of pocket $18K if I paid out my lease half way into it. To lose that much, even if it was for the pleasure of owning the best stock car I’ve ever driven didn’t seem to be a smart decision.

I drove away in my F6, thinking how cool it was to finally drive the new one. But as I did I couldn’t help but realize that my car now is faster, looks and sounds tougher than the new one. I won’t be buying the new F6…well not yet anyway.

Would I buy it if I was at the end of my lease term? Absolutely – the new F6 is something to drool over and anyone who drives it would love to have one in their garage. This is a car to be respected on the streets. It’s a f*cking weapon and the full package (except for the 19/245's - the first mod needed is widder rubber).

Well done FPV. Australian Performance Car of the Year is in the bag.

• Member For: 15y 11m 7d

Mate one of the best reviews of the F6 yet, talked about everything I wanted to hear, but now the anticipation till I get mine is killing me. Did the F6 have black wheels as well, just wondering becuase I got black on black, if so how did that look?

cheers

• Member For: 19y 2m 9d

Nice review Pashen.

I saw a new F6 on the Monash the other day heading outbound just after the tunnel...looks pretty good in the flesh.....although the driver was sitting in the middle lane and not prepared to give a squirt....