Blew My Engine Today...

HI PSI

• Member For: 17y 10m 4d

I was just pulling into to town today. Squeezed on the gas in third geard and BANG!!!!!! I saw pieces of sh*t the size of my fist cartballing down the road in my rear view mirror.... I presume that it was a big bit of block and a piston...... So I guess that I'll be heading to Frau on monday to order a Bfii bottom end...... Anyone know the part number ??????

• Forged Member
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 17y 1m 21d

Part No. BAF 6009 D

that's the short motor. If they charge you anymore than $2300 you are getting full retail. Good luck with it mate!

• Member For: 17y 10m 4d

Just had a look at it when it was coming off the tilt tray. Looks like number 6 was the culprit. Nice long strip of sump missing on the passengers side.

The car has got 80k on it now. All of them highway k's. The car is still stock. I had a generic tune loaded. So probably didn't help either. Well at least I'll get the bigger rods this time. If the block isn't too damaged. I may use it to build a fored bottom end.

• Member For: 17y 15d

Forget using the old block man, it will be hammered bigtime as will the crank and the head, the head may be able to be fixed up by welding but you will probably need a few new valves

• Forged Member
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 17y 1m 21d

Mate if its busted a hole through the bottom that would mena that your crank is shagged and the bores probably don't look too wonderful.

I'd just grab a short motor. Other wise if you wanna go big get a new block and drop forged stuff in that