Sunroof Option - Fg F6

CJF077

• The Noble Leader
  • Administrator
  • Member For: 21y 6m 7d

Guys

Looking at purchasing a FG F6 Typhoon, but just had a phone call from the Dealer saying that there is no option for a Sunroof, and that it must be installed aftermarket and not via Ford.. has anyone heard that?

He said that there would be warranty implications with getting a sunroof.. would be good to confirm / deny if this is true.

Cheers

• <put funny sh*t here>
  • Member For: 17y 5m 11d

I heard its because of the curtain airbags, which live up in the roof.

A few people have had them put in their FG's, if done properly I cant see a problem with getting it done. I cant see what warranty it could void.. maybe the airbags that's it?

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 19y 11m 25d

Supposedly due to a new beam in the roof that is in the way of the normal sunroof position, and if this is changed from factory they’ll loose their 5-star crash rating or whatever it is.

Can’t see what they would be voiding on your warranty if you got it done though. Driveline perhaps???

• Forged Member
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 17y 2m 12d

It is true that its not a Factory Option. We have been assured by our aftermarket sunroof suppliers that there is no issue with fitting a roof as far as structural rigidity goes.

At the moment we can't recommend fitting them, nor will we have this done before delivery. Simply because Ford will not warrant any issues that you may have with fitment.

I was told that although the new support bar in the roof does reduce the over-all size of the sun-roof, the actual opening you get when the roof is open will not be affected however.

• Member For: 17y 9d

That’s correct they are not listed as a factory option. I think you might find that Ford Aus didn't repeat all the crash testing with the sun roof installed (a fairly big cash saving I would assume) so they can't offer it as a 'factory' option. Prestige sunroofs will install one for you via the dealer and your warrantee on the rest of the car will be protected, only issue will be any faults with the roof will mean it goes back to prestige rather than the dealer. If your dealer won't package it in..... go to the next dealer.

sorry senna, you beat me in...!

Edited by paulie0735

• The Noble Leader
  • Administrator
  • Member For: 21y 6m 7d

done and done.. spoke to another dealer and they are willing to do it and still keep the vehicle warranty... interesting scenario though...