Car Surging When Cruising (rspec)

SILK RSPEC

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 18d

Hi guy's,

My car has almost 15oooklms on it and have noticed lately it has started to surge when cruing along doing the speed limit. Has anyone else had this problem and is it an esy fix or should I let ford check it out at my next service. I am just trying to make sure the car is all fine before the big power mods start in a couple of weeks. Hate working on a car that already has a problem.

Seems to do it more when the car is cold I have noticed.

• THE PSYCHO XRT
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 4m 10d

Some cars tend to surge if they have around 1/4 tank of fuel or less at WOT.

Another member on here had the same prob and from memory I think he had a faulty O2 sensor.

• Member For: 16y 1m 30d

Silk RSpec, I was travelling from Albury to Melbourne on Sunday and I felt slight surges (4-5 times over the 3 hour trip) which I have not felt before. My Rspec has also just clicked over 15,000km's. I have the FPV day tomorrow and it is booked in for the 15K service next week and I will ask them to have a look at it. In Feb this year I had a faulty fuel pump, which was replaced under warranty. It has purred ever since. I'll let you know if it keeps surging and whether Ford find anything next week.

Cheers

• Member For: 16y 11m 24d
Hi guy's,

My car has almost 15oooklms on it and have noticed lately it has started to surge when cruing along doing the speed limit. Has anyone else had this problem and is it an esy fix or should I let ford check it out at my next service. I am just trying to make sure the car is all fine before the big power mods start in a couple of weeks. Hate working on a car that already has a problem.

could be cylinder shut off,have had a few with that problem

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 2d

Same issue here, when taking it easy it sometimes feels like the throttle closes or car runs out of petrol, I can hear the engine breaking when it happens.

This normally only lasts few seconds and hitting the accelerator seems to make it go away.

I have given up on trying to figure it out as it's almost impossible to find the cause when it's not happening, and it's not happening too often.

BTA, cylinder shut off sounds like it might be it, what is triggering it?

• Banned
  • Member For: 15y 11m 15d
Hi guy's,

mine was same after tune, upgraded fuel pump no problems now

• Go Pies!!!
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 2m 2d

Wow - funny thing... my rspec has started to do the same yesterday and the day before...

3 times it did it tonite... on the way home from the office, again when running down the shops and then again on the way back...

Feels like its almost kinda like its about to stall... and its a auto...

Also done just over 10 thousand clicks, and it also feels like the arse end has some movement... was thinking may be possible gear box/diff issue, where it could be miss engaging or something....

got me stuffed, but glad to hear its not just mine!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 20y 8m 12d

I too have this surge/engine breaking down feeling. It happens only when the car is cold. I have had it for about 1 year now.

Its the same feeling as when traction control comes on and shutsdown cylinders. My car is currently at Tunehouse getting a service and hopfully trying to find the fault.

My cat had a crack in it, and when they took it out to weld, they said the inside had collapsed. So possible it was dumping fuel when it happens.

Really hope they can see it happen so they can diagnose.

My car has 60k on it and problem has been there with 2 different tuners