Adding Rca Pre-outs To Icc Guide Is Here

quadie

• Member For: 17y 10m 6d

helppppppppppppppppp

I think I have fu$%ed it!

I spose that's what I get for looking after a baby and trying to solder.

Here is what I have

1/ connect everything back up, and walla no icc display at all, None of the buttons work at all on the facia including the a/c controls.

2/ Car starts and drives normal, BUT I have no temp gauge, speedo, taco and some waring lights are on (traction control,temp waring, fuel light,and oil pressure light)

Ride is a 04 BA xr6t with premo sound

I have checked all fuses (all are ok)

PLEASE someone tell me its just a reset thing or something (come on hopes are ok arnt they)

Cheers

Darren

• Member For: 17y 10m 6d

OK OK OK OK

far out got it all going again after alot of stress

Guys be aware that when reinstalling the ICC assy, Make sure the fixed connector at the back of the ICC has been reset,

As mine had collapsed causing the ICC unit not to make full contact.

Make sure the white connector that is fixed to the main body of the car has been pulled back out so the ICC unit can drive it home correctly

Few (had my wallet very scared)

Cheers

Darren

• 4 weeks later...
  • Member For: 15y 5m 7d

The guide weighs in at 22meg, so it's far to big to email. Instead, I have uploaded to a couple of file hosting sites.

Whichever link you click, don't sign up, just hit the "free" button. If using the rapidshare link, wait for the countdown to complete and then click "download"; it should only take a minute or so.

Another thing, the links might die in about a month.

Enjoy fellas; Thanks to Quadie for the guide.

I will re upload to my premium rapidshare acc so it can be downloaded mulitple times, forever!

• 5 weeks later...
  • Member For: 17y 3m 16d

Great write up mate, got myself a spare ICC off ebay for $70 so thinking of trying this out. just one question and not sure if it's covered or not but doing this mod allows me to add 2 sets of RCAs right? so I can add a 4 channel amp, is there a way I could add another set for a sub amp??also is there anyone in melbourne that had done this that might let me have a look and listen??

Edited by PSIFRK

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 15y 8m 6d

Hi all,

well, I've hacked this mod into my g6et with some results. The chip is a Toshiba TA8276HQ. You can google it to get the specs. It is a very similiar chip to the BA/BF's.

I find the signal coming from the ICC to be very small. This means, that I need to push the gain on my amp up to maximum to get some sort of decent volume. Pushing the gain up increases the electrical noise from the amp which is a problem.

Also, there is a regular popping sound coming from the speakers that are still connected to the ICC.

My next step will be to disconnect all speakers, and remove the pin from the Chip from one of the channels so that it is not sharing the signal source with the soldered RCA lead. I'll test this channel and see if it's any better, but I'm not holding my breath.

Tristan

Edited by tristan